Delaware Park picks and horses to watch: August 12
Photo by HoofprintsInc.com.
We’ve got Delaware Park picks and horses to watch for Wednesday, August 12. The card features eight races.
Race 3 — Maiden special weight
- Maidens three and up will go six furlongs on the main track.
- Lael Stables sends out #5 Peachy Keen (6-1) to make his debut in what looks to be a challenging spot. The sophomore Will Take Charge colt is out of the stakes-winning Distorted Humor mare Humorous Miss and is a half-sib to the Grade 2 winner Funny Proposition. This one’s been training forwardly for a barn that wins with 17% of its debut maiden special weight runners and will have meet-leading rider Carol Cedeno in the irons.
- Another pricey guy here in #6 Healthcare Heroes (6-1). The John Servis trainee was an RNA as a yearling for $335,000. The Honor Code colt is out of Unbridled’s Song mare Appealing Bride and is a half to the multiple graded winner Appealing Tale plus another stakes winner. He’s been training well for a barn that can win first out of the box.
Race 4 — Allowance
- Fillies and mares three years-old and up will go about 5 furlongs on the turf in a first-level allowance.
- Really curious to see how #8 Double Down Dare (7-2) performs in this spot. The Steve Klesaris trainee hasn’t raced since September, so it’s certainly possible she may need a race. When last seen, she broke her maiden in a high-end maiden claimer at the Spa and then ran a better-than-it-seems fourth in the Anne Arundel County at Laurel Park. The winner that day, Miss J McKay, continues to run well, with a couple of stakes placings from two starts this year, and four of the seven who ran behind Miss J McKay returned to win their follow-ups — so that was obviously a plus group. Can this one come back running?
- Race 2: 50-cent Pick 3 — 2, 4, 6 w/ 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 w/ 1, 3, 8, 11 (cost: $30.00)
- Race 3: 50-cent Pick 3 — 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 w/ 1, 3, 8, 11 w/ 1, 6, 8 (cost: $30.00)
LATEST IN HANDICAPPING
We’ve got a 9-race card today at Laurel Park!
John Piassek handicaps Thursday’s 8-race card at Laurel Park!
We’ve got Parx Racing picks today as the track presents a 10-race Tuesday card.