Delaware Park picks and horses to watch: July 23
Photo by HoofprintsInc.com.
We’ve got Delaware Park picks and horses to watch for the Thursday, July 23 card. There are nine races on the program, with the finale for Arabians.
Race 7 — Allowance/optional claiming
- Three-year-olds and up will go five furlongs on the turf in a third-level allowance with an optional claiming tag of $50,000.
- Two stakes winners are the most intriguing of this compact but talented field. #4 Hotshot Anna (9-5) will run for the first time since March in this contest and rates a long look here. She’s winless in three tries on the season after a 2019 season in which she won five of six, including the Scherer Memorial at the Fair Grounds, but let’s not judge those too harshly. Her three races this year include a head loss in a stake, another stake in which she had a pretty disastrous trip, and a dirt race where she was way up against it in a race that included Grade 1 winner Mia Mischief. She can make amends and gets meet leader Carol Cedeno in the irons.
- Trainer Jose Camejo will send out a coupled entry, including last May’s winner of The Very One at Pimlico, #1 Wild About Star (7-2, part of entry). Two of the top four to run back from that contest won their next out, while this one ran an OK fifth in a stake at Monmouth behind win machine Goldwood, who was one of two to win their follow-ups. Alex Cintron will ride.
- Race 6: 50-cent Pick 3: 2, 4 w/ 1, 4 w/ 1, 6
- Race 7: $2 exacta 1, 4 w/ All ($20.00)
- Good luck!
LATEST IN HANDICAPPING
Saturday’s Parx Racing card features the Grade 1 Cotillion and Grade 1 Pennsylvania Derby, making it the biggest day of the year at the Bensalem track.
We provide full-card picks and analysis for this afternoon’s races at Pimlico.