Delaware Park picks and horses to watch: July 16
Photo by HoofprintsInc.com.
We’ve got Delaware Park picks and horses to watch for the Thursday, July 16 card.
Race 5 — Allowance
- Fillies and mares three years old and up will go 1 1/16 miles on the grass.
- #7 La Babia (9/5) looks like a somewhat obvious chalk in here, but she also looks pretty hard to beat. She broke her maiden in front-running style on opening day, beating a fairly salty maiden field. This’ll be her first try against winners, and looks like the dominant early speed in the race. Carol Cedeno, who has been riding at 28% on the meet, picks up the mount. She should be coasting on the lead early and hold them off late.
- A host of Tampa Bay Downs shippers have been coming in here as of late, and #4 Stormy D (4/1) is one of them. She improved steadily in her last few starts of the Tampa Bay season, wrapping up with a dogfight win against starter allowance company. This is probably not much of a change in class, considering who races there versus here. Given how nice the pace scenario looks for La Babia, it won’t be as easy for Stormy D to come from behind. Still, she should pick off a few rivals and round out the exacta.
- Race 5: $1 pick 4: 7/1,2,4/1,2,8,10/5,7 ($24)
- Race 2: 50-cent pick 3: 2,5/5,6,7/6 ($3)
- Good luck!
LATEST IN HANDICAPPING
We provide picks and analysis for this evening’s card at Charles Town Races.
We’ve got Charles Town picks today as the track presents its Friday card!
We provide picks and analysis for today’s card at Parx Racing.