Delaware Park picks and horses to watch: July 16
Photo by HoofprintsInc.com.
We’ve got Delaware Park picks and horses to watch for the Thursday, July 16 card.
Race 5 — Allowance
- Fillies and mares three years old and up will go 1 1/16 miles on the grass.
- #7 La Babia (9/5) looks like a somewhat obvious chalk in here, but she also looks pretty hard to beat. She broke her maiden in front-running style on opening day, beating a fairly salty maiden field. This’ll be her first try against winners, and looks like the dominant early speed in the race. Carol Cedeno, who has been riding at 28% on the meet, picks up the mount. She should be coasting on the lead early and hold them off late.
- A host of Tampa Bay Downs shippers have been coming in here as of late, and #4 Stormy D (4/1) is one of them. She improved steadily in her last few starts of the Tampa Bay season, wrapping up with a dogfight win against starter allowance company. This is probably not much of a change in class, considering who races there versus here. Given how nice the pace scenario looks for La Babia, it won’t be as easy for Stormy D to come from behind. Still, she should pick off a few rivals and round out the exacta.
- Race 5: $1 pick 4: 7/1,2,4/1,2,8,10/5,7 ($24)
- Race 2: 50-cent pick 3: 2,5/5,6,7/6 ($3)
- Good luck!
LATEST IN HANDICAPPING
We’ve got a 9-race card today at Laurel Park!
John Piassek handicaps Thursday’s 8-race card at Laurel Park!
We’ve got Parx Racing picks today as the track presents a 10-race Tuesday card.