[half]CLAIMING LEADERS FOR THE WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 28
- Jamie Ness — 5 claims for $64,500
- 6 with two each — Wayne Potts, Juan Vazquez, Tim Kreiser, Howard Wolfendale, Richard Vega, Scott Lake
Priciest claim: $25,000 (four claims made at that amount)
* 33 trainers claimed at least one horse[/half][half]HORSES CLAIMED AWAY FOR THE WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 28
- Edward Barney — 2 claimed away fro $35,000
- Three others — Michael Pino, Jamie Ness, and Patricia Farro — also lost 2 each.
Gary Capuano, Dale Capuano, Edward Barney, and Craig Nicholson all lost a $25,000 horse.
* 39 trainers lost at least one horse[/half]
CLAIMING TRAINERS FOR THE MONTH[table id=104 /]
- HIGHEST NET GAIN: Scott Lake and Wayne Potts — 5 each
- HIGHEST NET LOSS: McLean Robertson and Jamie Ness — (-4) each
For the week…
The volume of mid-Atlantic claiming activity was essentially flat versus the prior week for the period ending October 28, 2014.
During the week, 43 horses changed hands via the claimbox. That was two fewer than were claimed during the week ending October 21. The value of those claims, however, rose 39 percent, to $460,500. As a result, the average claim value was up by 46 percent, to $10,709; and the median rose from $7,500 to $8,000.
The relatively low level of claiming activity — only one week in the last five months has seen fewer claims — likely stemmed in part from a couple of factors. First, on the heels of its West Virginia Breeders Classics day, Charles Town ran just one day, Saturday, during the period and had only one claim. In addition, Delaware Park also ran only one day, as it closed for the season on October 22.
Laurel Park led the region’s tracks in the number, gross value, and average value of claims, with 18 claims for a combined $215,500 (average:$11,972). Parx Racing, with 11 claims for a combined $110,500, was second in those two categories and the only other track in the region to see double-digit claims. Seven horses were claimed at Penn National, and six changed hands at Delaware Park. No horses were claimed at The Meadowlands.
The claimbox report covers claiming activity at the Meadowlands, Delaware Park, Parx Racing, Penn National, Laurel Park, and Charles Town Races.
Weekly Dollar Value of Horses Changing Hands[show-rjqc id=”13″]