Delaware Park picks and horses to watch: July 27
Photo by HoofprintsInc.com.
We’ve got Delaware Park picks and horses to watch for Monday, July 27. The card features eight races.
Race 5 — Allowance
- Three-year-olds and up will go one mile on the main track in a first-level allowance.
- The Jerry O’Dwyer-trained #1 Skyscanner (8-5) is the deserving favorite in this contest and rates a big, big shot wheeling back in the same company and at the same distance at which he just missed last out. Another one worth a look in here — one who’ll have to improve — is #2 Flying Finish (6-1). The Anthony Margotta trainee rallied from the rear of the field last out to win going away against NY-bred maidens in what was just his second career start. The water gets deeper here, but this is one bred to be a runner, and the added ground should suit him fine. He’s a son of Pioneerof the Nile out of the graded stakes-winning Misty Rosette, by Stormin Fever. He was a $300,000 auction purchase for high-end connections and will have Alex Cintron in the irons today.
Race 7 — Allowance
- Three-year-olds and up will go six furlongs on the main track in an allowance for horses that have never won two races.
- Pretty decent group on tap here, and the horse we’re most interested to see is the favorite, #7 Arkaan (9-5). Everything looks pretty positive for this guy: he’s a son of leading sire Into Mischief out of an Unbridled’s Song mare for whom Shadwell Stables paid $450,000 at auction. Trained by Mike Pino, he entered his debut, at Parx Racing, with some solid works under his belt, went off the favorite, and was a decisive winner at first asking last month. He shows up here with a couple of good works in the interim and will get Abner Adorno in the irons.
- Race 5, 50-cent Pick 3: 1, 2 w/ 1, 3, 5 w/ 1, 3, 7 ($9.00)
- Good luck!
LATEST IN HANDICAPPING
Which Charles Town jockeys are off to hot starts? Asking for a friend; no, wait, actually asking for the betting public. Answers within…
We provide full-card picks and analysis for this afternoon’s races at Laurel Park.
We provide picks and analysis for this evening’s card at Charles Town Races.