Delaware Park picks and horses to watch: July 27
Photo by HoofprintsInc.com.
We’ve got Delaware Park picks and horses to watch for Monday, July 27. The card features eight races.
Race 5 — Allowance
- Three-year-olds and up will go one mile on the main track in a first-level allowance.
- The Jerry O’Dwyer-trained #1 Skyscanner (8-5) is the deserving favorite in this contest and rates a big, big shot wheeling back in the same company and at the same distance at which he just missed last out. Another one worth a look in here — one who’ll have to improve — is #2 Flying Finish (6-1). The Anthony Margotta trainee rallied from the rear of the field last out to win going away against NY-bred maidens in what was just his second career start. The water gets deeper here, but this is one bred to be a runner, and the added ground should suit him fine. He’s a son of Pioneerof the Nile out of the graded stakes-winning Misty Rosette, by Stormin Fever. He was a $300,000 auction purchase for high-end connections and will have Alex Cintron in the irons today.
Race 7 — Allowance
- Three-year-olds and up will go six furlongs on the main track in an allowance for horses that have never won two races.
- Pretty decent group on tap here, and the horse we’re most interested to see is the favorite, #7 Arkaan (9-5). Everything looks pretty positive for this guy: he’s a son of leading sire Into Mischief out of an Unbridled’s Song mare for whom Shadwell Stables paid $450,000 at auction. Trained by Mike Pino, he entered his debut, at Parx Racing, with some solid works under his belt, went off the favorite, and was a decisive winner at first asking last month. He shows up here with a couple of good works in the interim and will get Abner Adorno in the irons.
- Race 5, 50-cent Pick 3: 1, 2 w/ 1, 3, 5 w/ 1, 3, 7 ($9.00)
- Good luck!
LATEST IN HANDICAPPING
We’ve got Delaware Park picks and horses to watch for this afternoon’s racing program.
John Piassek has today’s big Pimlico card covered here.
We provide picks and analysis for this evening’s card at Charles Town Races.