Delaware Park picks and horses to watch: July 1
Photo by HoofprintsInc.com.
We’ve got Delaware Park picks and horses to watch for Wednesday’s 10-race card:
Race 1 — Maiden Special Weight
- Two-year-old maidens will go five furlongs on the main track. This race and the fifth are two divisions of the same race.
- The most interesting horse here looks to be #5 Town of Gold (3-2). Those odds seems a little bit aggressive though, as all seven here are first-time starters. This guy is a son of top sire Speightstown out of a Medaglia d’Oro mare who won the first two races of her career. Trainer Jorge Duarte has given him three modest works in the last month in preparation and will leg up Jevian Toledo.
Race 5 — Maiden Special Weight
- Two-year-old maidens will go five furlongs on the main track. This race and the first are two divisions of the same race.
- Constitution, sire of Belmont Stakes winner Tiz the Law, is the sire of two in here. #2 U S Constitution (6-1) failed to meet his reserve at both a mixed sale (as a weanling) and again at a yearling sale and shows up here for trainer Jamie Ness with a generally positive work tab under his belt. He’s out of a winning Unbridled’s Song mare.
- #3 House Impeachment (4-1) is a homebred for owner R. Larry Johnson He’s a half-brother to the stakes-placed No Mo Lady, who won at first asking as a two-year-old, and trainer Mike Trombetta has given him a couple of zippy works down at his Laurel Park base.
- Trainer Jorge Duarte is right back atcha with #7 Dalton (2-1). The son of Kantharos, a Colts Neck homebred, is a half-brother to the graded stakes winner Do Share, an earner of more than $740,000. He looks to have been working in company with Town of Gold, so that one’s result may tell us something useful about this runner, too.
- Race 5: 50-cent Pick 4: 2, 3, 7 w/ 4, 7, 10 w/ 2, 3, 8, 9, 10 w/ 1, 2 ($45)
- Good luck!
LATEST IN HANDICAPPING
Racing returns to Delaware Park May 24, and we return with Delaware Park picks and analysis for the track’s 86th racing season.
Saturday’s Parx Racing card features the Grade 1 Cotillion and Grade 1 Pennsylvania Derby, making it the biggest day of the year at the Bensalem track.