Here’s what’s on tap for the Midlantic racing weekend:
Top Midlantic-breds in Action[su_list icon=”icon: check”]
Midlantic-breds in graded stakes [su_list icon=”icon: check”]
Stakes in the Region [su_list icon=”icon: check”]
- Monmouth Park hosts the Grade 3 Jersey Shore Stakes, as well as the $60,000 Lamplighter Stakes on Saturday. Click here for more info, and check out Shore Bets for picks and analysis.
- At Parx Racing on Saturday:
- The $100,000 Power by Far Stakes for Pennsylvania-bred fillies and mares going 5 furlongs on the turf. Multiple stakes winner Disco Chick (5-2) is the morning line favorite and owns three wins in stakes company this year. Stakes winner Royal Renege (7-2) isn’t far behind in the odds, though, and enters off her first win since May of last year, when she won the Lyphard Stakes at Penn National.
- The $100,000 Crowd Pleaser for Pennsylvania-bred three-year-olds going 1 1/16 miles on the turf. Cal Lynch trainee Wychmere (2-1) is favored and enters off an allowance score. He ran third in the Pennsylvania Nursery Stakes last December.
- Monmouth Park’s Sunday card features the Grade 3 Boiling Springs for three-year-old fillies going 1 1/8 miles on the turf. Chad Brown trainee Galileo’s Song (5-2) is the morning line favorite and owns two wins from four starts. Graham Motion trainee Tin Type Gal (3-1), winner of the Grade 3 Miss Grillo at Belmont last September, also figures to attract plenty of bettors’ attention.