Spa selections: Saratoga August 14
by Joseph Aiello
In Spa Selections, Saratoga on-site correspondent Joseph Aiello provides picks for a handful of key races at Saratoga, today including the Saratoga Dew Stakes!
Race 3 – Alw 50000s
- #1 Happy Farm (7-2) – Draws inside post and should get relatively clean trip in wide open race
- #7 Holding Aces (3-1) – Ran strong last time out at Saratoga, and has shown some talent at distance, although Junkett is a better bet to come in money
- #3 Killybegs Captain (4-1) – Colt from Curragh Stables won last time out on a wet track, which might help his case on a surface that is currently still soft
Race 7 – Alw 85000n1x
- #7 Orecchiette (8-1) – Even in defeat, this bay filly picked up four lengths in the stretch run and nearly won at the wire
- #4 Battlement (9-5) – Juddmonte filly with Jose Ortiz and William Mott is impossible to overlook
- #6 Tizanillusion (5-2) – Annathela might deserve a play here to come in money, but this filly has a better chance to win this race by wiring field
Race 8 – Saratoga Dew Stakes
- #2 Jcs American Dream (3-1) – Not to be confused with the other Jc in the race, this mare may run in cheaper races, but is the only one to be consistently in the money
- #6 Flattermefabulous (9-2) – No dirt experience but most likely to win for trainer Carlos Martin
- #4 Literata (2-1) – Had a solid race last time out and seems to run well when teamed with jockey Irad Ortiz Jr.