De Francis Dash day dashboard
2014 De Francis winner Zee Bros at Pimlico in 2013. Photo by Laurie Asseo.
All our De Francis day coverage in one handy location!
- Podcast featuring Gary Quill of The GQ Approach and Derby Bill Watson:
- In Focus: Wagering De Francis Dash day — Gary Quill of The GQ Approach goes in-depth to analyze the day’s stakes races, with horse-by-horse analysis of the four biggest stakes, plus picks and reasoning for all seven stakes on the day!
- The GQ Approach: November 19 — As he does each Laurel Park racing day, Gary Quill provides full-card selections and analysis of the card.
- For De Francis family, a big day, and memories of dad –For his family, the De Francis Dash – named in honor of the late Frank De Francis – is “our Kentucky Derby,” says his son, Joe.
- De Francis day: Best Laurel card in years? — Saturday’s De Francis Dash day card might be the best Laurel Park card in years. How good? We say 29 percent better than last year’s.
- Top field to line up for De Francis Dash — Six horses that have won or placed in graded stakes are entered in Saturday’s Grade 3 De Francis Dash.
- Sharp Azteca returns in loaded City of Laurel — Grade 3 Pat Day Mile winner Sharp Azteca figures to be a major player in a stacked rewnewal of the City of Laurel Stakes on Saturday.
- Dickie Small Stakes draws full starting gate — The Richard W. Small Stakes, a 1 1/8 mile test, has drawn a full field, including multiple G3 winner Tommy Macho.
- Malibu Stacy favored in Safely Kept — Malibu Stacy, who’s placed in two graded stakes, is favored in Saturday’s Safely Kept Stakes at Laurel Park.
- Seven last out winners tangle in Smart Halo — Several highly regarded runners are among the nine juvenile fillies set to contend in Saturday’s Smart Halo Stakes at Laurel Park.
- Lovable Lady looks for winning form in Geisha — Both Lovable Lady and Chapel of Chimes saw three-race win streaks snapped last out and will be looking for redemption in Saturday’s Geisha Stakes at Laurel Park.