Delaware Park, horsemen to hold Family Fun Day
Racing at Delaware Park. Photo by Vas.
From a Delaware Park release
Delaware Park, the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association (DTHA) and the Delaware Jockeys’ Association are teaming up to support the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund (PDJF) through Family Fun Day.
The event will take place Saturday, September 24 from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Activities will include pony rides, jockey autographs and a country-style barbecue.
The event will also include:
- A bouncy house, bouncy slide, pony rides, face painting and balloon twisters
- Jockey versus children bouncy ball race on the turf course
- Jockey autographs and photograph sessions
- Auction of horse racing memorabilia
- Food will include a country-style barbecue and festival snacks (popcorn, cotton candy and snow cones) in the Grove
- Official membership cards for the Giddy Up & Go Racing Club for children
All proceeds from activities and items will benefit the PDJF.
“The Delaware Park family has a great appreciation for the jockeys’ continued dedication and contribution,” said John Mooney, Executive Director of Racing at Delaware Park. “These great athletes risk injury for spectators’ enjoyment. The Delaware Park family has always been a proud supporter of the PDJF and we look forward to furthering our efforts to benefit this cause.”