by Bobby Zen
Author and handicapper Bobby Zen is taking his talents to The Racing Biz! He’ll be analyzing races for us from time to time, providing our readers with the benefit of insights gleaned from more than four decades playing the races. Today, he’s turned his attention to handicapping Delaware Park, and he’s giving us races 5, 6, and 8, as well as a bonus pick four play with a pick that begins in race 5.
- Kitty City (4-1) Jamie Ness trainee is second off the layoff and needed her last to get going again. She won 5 in a row prior to that one.
- Banner Elk Lady (2-1) This one is well loved, having been claimed 5 times in last 10 starts. She ran faster than ever last out (in the slop), but is still razor sharp
- Bellezza Rosso (6-1) Also trained by Vazquez (Banner Elk Lady), is third off the layoff and with the class drop, may get a piece
- Dan’s Last Stand (3-1) is another class-dropper that fits well here
- Love And Faith (8-1) Jonathan Sheppard wins with 20% last out winners, and this one has just enough speed to repeat here.
- Vielsalm (5-1) Gets the dirt to turf angle and has 3 good races on the lawn, looks to be in a good spot here
- Getaway (2-1) Morning line fave is second off the long layoff, but a couple of ticks off the speed needed.
- Take It Inside (6-1), who will break from the far outside, may have the speed to offset the awful post, but is just 1 for 20 in wins
- Back Forty (6-1) Lightly raced 5YO is figuring things out now. Second off the layoff and plenty of speed puts him first here
- Smash (8-5) Baffert trainee had problems, racing only once in 2012, but may be back on track with win at Belmont in May
- Tomorrow’s Tale (3-1) Tim Kreiser is winning 43% here, takes a shot with winner of last 2; class up may be too much
- Cop a Tude (4-1) Graham Motion has this one running well and may get a piece.
And Bobby’s Bonus Exotic Play:
- $0.50 Pick Four (total cost of $12) – 4,8 with 3,8 with 3,4 with 4,5,7
Bobby Zen holds an MBA and is a professional handicapper and author. His win percentage has exceeded 40 percent in each of the last five years. Learn more at www.bobbyzen.com.