Works, entries, and results for the Midlantic-breds nominated to the Triple Crown. The latest:[su_list icon=”icon: clipboard”]
- Three Midlantic-breds nominated to the Triple Crown are in the entries for the weekend. They include:
- Maryland-bred Balfe’s Corner, 20-1 in a maiden special weight event at Gulfstream Park on Saturday;
- Pennsylvania-bred Refer, 3-1 in a maiden special weight race at Penn National on Saturday; and
- Maryland-bred Or So, one of the more ambitious Triple Crown nominees on the list; he’s 8-1 in a $25,000 maiden claimer at Tampa Bay Downs on Saturday.
- A bunch of horses have been on the work tab in recent days. Among them: Jackson P, Black Lab, Moon River, Sir Rockport, and Saham. See the sortable table for their times.
- Saturday also brings the next opportunity for horses to score points towards a start in the Kentucky Derby in the G2 Rebel at Oaklawn Park. The race has attracted just seven runners, with Bob Baffert’s American Pharoah, the Eclipse winner as 2014’s top juvenile, the star of the show. American Pharoah won a pair of Grade 1 events last year, in the latter of which, the FrontRunner at Santa Anita, he bested subsequent Breeders’ Cup Juvenile winner Texas Red. But this is the Pharoah’s first start of 2015, and though he shows a zippy work tab, fitness will be the question he’ll need to answer. Even so, few of these seem likely to pose much challenge, with Kenny McPeek’s The Truth Or Else, a tough miss second in the G3 Southwest, and Todd Pletcher’s improving Madefromlucky the most likely to raise a ruckus.[/su_list]
And don’t forget to check out our Mid-Atlantic Triple Crown Trail page, featuring a sortable (and searchable) table of all of this year’s Midlantic-bred Triple Crown nominees.