Maryland Thoroughbred Career program set for June
The Maryland Horse Foundation announced today that the 2022 Maryland Thoroughbred Career Program (MTCP) will run from June 6-10, 2022. The online application is now open and must be completed by April 22, 2022. Interviews will take place in the two weeks after the application deadline and selected participants will be notified in early May.
- Deciding Vote is “aye” for MATCH Series titleDeciding Vote earned a narrow win in Monday’s Sal Debunda PTHA President’s Cup at Parx Racing to secure the 2022 MATCH Series title.
“The MTCP is a gateway to the various career possibilities in the Thoroughbred industry,” said Jordyn Egan, MHF director of development. “We tailor the program to the participants interests so that everyone walks away with high-quality contacts that benefit them in the long run. The participants learn from industry professionals and one another throughout the week and enduring relationships are built. It is an incredibly rich and valuable experience for all involved.”
Launched in 2017, the Maryland Thoroughbred Career Program is an educational program presented by the Maryland Horse Foundation (MHF) that aims to:
• Increase awareness of the diverse career options in the Thoroughbred industry
• Give participants access to leaders of the Maryland Thoroughbred community
• Highlight various paths for pursuing a career in the Thoroughbred industry
• Address a critical need to attract and retain experienced and devoted employees
Over the course of a week, participants are encouraged to fully engage in the Maryland Thoroughbred industry and explore a multitude of career options. Graduates of the MTCP are eligible to apply for Career Development Funds, one-time funding that can be used to further career pursuits within two years after the program ends.