Who’re we watching? Let’s see what’s on tap in the mid-Atlantic (and elsewhere) this weekend:[su_list icon=”icon: clock-o”]
- 3:02 p.m. GQ’s longshot play of the day is #5 Bulaga in Pimlico’s fifth, and his best bet of the day is in the sixth.
- 3:28 p.m. Lady Sabelia is 3-1 in the Grade 1 Madison Stakes at Keeneland. A win here would be the Laurel Park-based mare’s — and trainer Robin Graham’s — first against Grade 1 company. She’s won four straight, most recently the Grade 2 Barbara Fritchie at Laurel in February. Horacio Karamanos will ride.
- 3:58 p.m. Pimlico late pick three kicks off with race 7, and Gabby Gaudet has a play.
- 6:00 p.m. Unrivaled is 12-1 in the Grade 1 Bluegrass Stakes at Keeneland for Parx-based trainer Marya Montoya. She had claimed him out of a maiden race for $30,000 in late 2014; he enters this event on a two-race win streak and has been purchased by Team Valor, which has allowed her to continue to train. Robbie Albarado’s up.
- 6:04 p.m. Maryland-bred The Big Beast has dazzled in his brief career — when not injured. The winner of last year’s Grade 1 King’s Bishop at Saratoga has raced just once since, an allowance score at Oaklawn last month. He’s the 5-2 favorite in today’s Grade 1 Carter Handicap at Aqueduct.
- 6:08 p.m. G1 Santa Anita Oaks post time. The 9-5 favorite is Virginia-bred Triple Crown nominee Stellar Wind.
- 8:16 p.m. Pennsylvania-bred Triple Crown nominee Ruby’s Love is in action at Penn National. He’s 4-1 on the morning line in this maiden special weight tilt going six furlongs. Trevor McCarthy will ride for trainer James Lawrence.
- 10:18 p.m. Fan favorite Immortal Eyes returns to action in a 4 1/2 furlong sprint at Charles Town. The Damon Dilodovico trainee is 7-2 on the morning line and will have Jevian Toledo in the irons.