[half]CLAIMING LEADERS FOR THE WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 11
- Patricia Farro — 3 claims for $62,500
- 2 others — Hugh McMahon and Tim Kreiser — also with 3
Priciest claim: $25,000 (three claims made at that amount)
* 40 trainers claimed at least one horse[/half][half]HORSES CLAIMED AWAY FOR THE WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 11
- Patricia Farro — 3 claimed away for $25,000
- Marcos Zulueta — 3 claimed away for $22,500
* 43 trainers lost at least one horse[/half]
CLAIMING TRAINERS FOR THE MONTH[table id=111 /]
- NEW TO THE LIST: Hugh McMahon, Ramon Preciado
- LEAVING THE LIST: Tim Kreiser, Kathleen DeMasi
- HIGHEST NET GAIN: Dane Kobiskie, 5 (7 claimed, 2 lost)
- HIGHEST NET LOSS: 17 tied — (-2)
For the week…
Mid-Atlantic claiming activity rose slightly during the seven-day period ending November 11.
Fifty horses changed hands via the claimbox, one more than a week ago and marking the second straight week of increases. The total value of those claims rose for the third straight week, to $536,250, with the average climbing to $10,725 — 4.6 percent higher than a week ago and the highest average since the week ending October 14. The median rose about 6.7 percent, to $8,000.
Parx Racing had the highest volume of claiming activity, with 23 horses changing hands during the period with a combined value of $242,000. That put the Bensalem track well ahead of Laurel Park, which saw 18 claims for a combined total of $213,000, though Laurel’s average of $11,833 was the region’s highest. Penn National saw eight horses claimed, while just one was claimed at Charles Town.
The claimbox report covers claiming activity at Parx Racing, Penn National, Laurel Park, and Charles Town Races.
Weekly Dollar Value of Horses Changing Hands[show-rjqc id=”15″]