FASIG-TIPTON YEARLING SALE 2020: HIPS TO WATCH
Here are some Hips to watch at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Fall yearling sale, which kicks off Monday, October 5 at 1 p.m., and continues on Tuesday, October 6 beginning at 10 a.m. Hips are listed in numerical order:
- Hip 21 is the only yearling in the sale by hot young stallion Nyquist, the sire of two Gr. 1 winners from his first crop and currently the second-leading freshman sire by progeny earnings. A New York-bred, the colt is the first foal out of the stakes-winning More Than Ready mare Ready For Romance, and is offered by Indian Creek, agent.
- Hip 169 is a New Jersey-bred filly by Gr. 1 winner Tourist, whose first foals are 2-year-olds, out of Hana J, by Peaks and Valleys. Hana J is the dam of two stakes winners – Silent Appeal and Exit Stage Left. The filly is offered by Gracie Bloodstock, agent.
- Hip 198, a Pennsylvania-bred filly by Weigelia out of the outstanding producer Katarica Disco, by Disco Rico, is a full sister to two stakes winners and two stakes-placed horses. All eight of Katarica Disco’s foals to race are winners. WynOaks Farm LLC, agent is the consignor.
- Hip 331 is a Maryland-bred filly by leading freshman sire Not This Time out of the winning Indian Charlie mare Sanctissima. Second dam Beautiful Treasure is a stakes-placed daughter of Unbridled. The filly is from the consignment of Sally Thomas, agent, for Cordelia Stables.
- Lady Traveler seeks stakes breakthrough in ‘SusanLady Traveler is Grade 3-placed but still in search of her first stakes win, which trainer Dale Romans hopes will come in the G2 Black-Eyed Susan.
- Hip 371 is a Pennsylvania-bred son of champion Gun Runner, whose first foals are yearlings. His dam Stormy Tak, by Stormy Atlantic, is out of multiple Gr. 1 winner and millionaire Lady Tak, and is a half-sister to two stakes winners. Becky Davis, agent, is the consignor.
- Hip 400, from the consignment of Audley Farm Equine, is a Virginia-bred colt by Pioneerof the Nile out of the winning Tiznow mare Tiztalented. Tiztalented is a half-sister to Gr. 1 winner and sire Bodemeister.
- Hip 427, offered by CandyLand LLC, is a Pennsylvania-bred daughter of Gormley out of What Am I Gonna Do, by Partner’s Hero. The filly is a half-sister to multiple stakes winner Great Soul.
- Hip 444 is a Maryland-bred colt by Honor Code offered by Northview Stallion Station, agent. Honor Code is the sire this year of Santa Anita Derby winner Honor A. P. The colt is out of the stakes-winning Victory Gallop mare American Victory, and is a half-brother to stakes winner Victory Rally, as well as stakes-placed Charmed Victory. This is the family of Jersey Derby winner Who Did It and Run, who has proven to be an outstanding producer.
- Q and A: Trevor McCarthy off to CaliforniaJockey Trevor McCarthy will shift his tack to Southern California later this month, and our Mike Valiante caught up with him.
- Hip 526 is a Maryland-bred colt by Practical Joke and a half-brother to two stakes winners, Dynamic Strike and Another Broad, from the consignment of Becky Davis, agent. His dam Dynamic Deputy, by Deputy Minister, is a stakes winner and was graded stakes placed, having been second in the Gr. 2 Delaware Handicap.
- Hip 553 is the second Gun Runner in the sale, a Pennsylvania-bred filly out of Frost Fire, by Medaglia d’Oro, from the Becky Davis consignment. The filly is a half-sister to stakes winner Streetwithnoname. She’s also a good example of taking advantage of available state incentive programs; the filly is Pennsylvania-bred, as well as Virginia certified and Delaware certified.
- Hip 561, from Stuart Morris, Agent XII, is a Kentucky-bred colt by Daredevil out of Rock Candy. Daredevil is the sire of Preakness winner Swiss Skydiver, while Rock Candy is a multiple stakes winner and graded stakes-placed daughter of Mineshaft, who is the dam of three winners.