Here’s what’s on tap for the Midlantic racing weekend:
Top Midlantic-breds in Action[su_list icon=”icon: check”]
- Morning Fire, fifth on the list of Top Midlantic-bred three-year-olds, scratched from his last scheduled start, the Tampa Bay Derby, but is entered Saturday in the $75,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes Saturday at Gulfstream Park. He is the 5-2 favorite in the field of eight, and Daniel Centeno will ride for Keith Nations.
- Finest City, fifth on the list of Top Midlantic-bred older horses, will try her hand in the $100,000, Grade 3 Las Flores Stakes at Santa Anita Park on Sunday. Joe Talamo is slated to ride for trainer Ian Kruljac.
Other Midlantic-breds nominated to the Triple Crown [su_list icon=”icon: check”]
- American Dubai, a Virginia-bred, is 12-1 on the morning line for the Grade 2, $900,000 Rebel Stakes at Oaklawn Park on Saturday. Chris Landeros will ride for trainer Chris Richards.
Midlantic-breds in graded stakes [su_list icon=”icon: check”]
- Maryland-bred Kiss to Remember is 10-1 on the morning line of the $200,000, Grade 2 Inside Information Stakes Saturday at Gulfstream Park. Julien Leparoux will ride for trainer Marty Wolfson.
Stakes in the Region [su_list icon=”icon: check”]
- Laurel Park hosts the $75,000 Ben’s Cat Stakes on Saturday for Maryland-breds three-years-old and up. It’s the first running of the event. For an in-depth guide, click here.