Here’s what’s on tap for the Midlantic racing weekend:
Top Midlantic-breds in Action[su_list icon=”icon: check”]
- Mor Spirit, second on the list of Top Midlantic-bred three-year-olds, is the 2-1 morning line favorite in the $400,000, Grade 2 San Felipe Stakes Saturday at Santa Anita Park. The Pennsylvania-bred son of Eskendereya has won three of five career starts and enters off wins in the Grade 1 Los Alamitos Futurity and the Grade 3 Robert B. Lewis Stakes. Gary Stevens will ride for trainer Bob Baffert.
- Morning Fire, fifth on the list of Top Midlantic-bred three-year-olds, is 15-1 in Saturday’s $350,000, Grade 2 Tampa Bay Derby at Tampa Bay Downs. The Pennsylvania-bred Friesan Fire colt has won three of nine career starts, including the Pasco Stakes, and most recently was third in the Grade 3 Sam F. Davis Stakes at Tampa. Daniel Centeno will ride for Keith Natios.
Other Midlantic-breds nominated to the Triple Crown [su_list icon=”icon: check”]
- Charmed Victory, a Maryland-bred, is the 2-1 second choice in the $75,000 Private Terms Stakes at Laurel Park Saturday. The Rodney Jenkins trainee will have Victor Carrasco in the irons and is one of three Triple Crown nominees in the race.
- A pair of Midlantic-breds tangle in a $78,000 allowance Saturday at Oaklawn Park. Maryland-bred Southside Warrior and Pennsylvania-bred Bird of Trey are both 4-1 on the morning line.
Stakes in the Region [su_list icon=”icon: check”]
- Laurel Park hosts three stakes on Saturday: the $75,000 Private Terms for three-year-olds and the $75,000 Caesar’s Wish for three-year-old fillies. For an in-depth guide, click here.