It’s been a pretty big week for King Leatherbury. Late last week, Ben’s Cat — a horse he bred, owns, and trains — was named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year for an unprecedented fourth time. And on Monday, he learned that he had been selected to as one of 10 to advance to the final ballot for the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame. Four of those 10 will receive racing’s ultimate honor, a spot in the Hall of Fame. Herewith, a King Leatherbury-Ben’s Cat gallery of our favorite shots.
About The Author
We keep an eye on things - so you don't have to!
- Off the Pace: Lane Luzzi hoping “you can go home again”
- HISA drug rules stayed by Texas judge
- Jaime Rodriguez, Jamie Ness take Laurel meet titles
- Triple Crown: Reincarnate favored in Arkansas Derby
- Off to the Races Radio adds Maryland outlet
- With undefeated start, Great Spirit conjures up memories
- Off to the Races Radio features Dubyuhnell owner Connolly
- Champion Forte strong Florida Derby favorite
Sign Up Now
For Email Newsletters you can trust.
So exciting! The honours couldn’t go to a nicer or more deserving man then King Leatherbury. A legend indeed. Congrats!!
King and Linda need to mark their calendar and book now for Saratoga! How exciting ! Congratulations. My entire family , filling in for my father , will be cheering at the induction. Finally!