Spa selections 2022: Saratoga picks August 4
In Spa Selections, Saratoga correspondent Joseph Aiello provides Saratoga picks for a handful of key races at Saratoga, including all of the exciting stakes action!
Follow along all meet with all the exciting action (and good betting opportunities)!
- Spa selections 2022: Saratoga picks August 14In Spa Selections, our correspondent provides his Saratoga picks for key races on today’s Saratoga card!
Race 7 – OC 62500n2x
1. #6 Mail Order (7-2) – Comes off a strong win at six furlongs that would be good enough to beat most of these, and may have found a running style and distance that suits her best
2. #1 Bye Bye (3-1) – Has had some winning troubles, but Rosario simply cannot be ignored right now and this filly by Into Mischief should close into the money
3. #7 Alwayz Late (4-1) – Has some good back-class and may be another that doesn’t win but runs well late and closes to hit the board
4. #2 Secret Time (6-1) – Flashed a nice closing kick last time out, and finally cuts back to a true sprint distance after struggling to win past eight furlongs
Race 8 – Alydar Stakes
1. #5 Art Collector (7-5) – If this five year old reverts to his top form, he should be the winner here with the next two the only other likely competitors
2. #6 Masqueparade (3-1) – If Art Collector doesn’t have his A game, this colt seems the next most likely, and it will be interesting to see where Rosario places him in the early goings
3. #1 Mystic Night (5-2) – Has mostly run in optional claimers, but faces a few who are a bit tougher competition and needs his best effort here but has been bet to favorite in six straight
4. #2 Bal Harbour (8-1) – Goes back into the barn of Todd Pletcher after a three year hiatus with Sacco, and could show some improvement with the switch back in trainers here
Race 9 – OC 80000n3x
1. #1 Emaraaty (6-1) – The other Chad Brown trainee has won twice in three tries at Saratoga and seems poised for a breakthrough win after a very strong second last time out
2. #5 Floriform (9-2) – Joel Rosario jumped off of Big Everest and took this mount for Mott who he has ridden well for this meet and is one of the best turf riders going
3. #2 Atone (5-2) – Tough post here, but maybe the classiest runner who has won at Saratoga and runs well at this distance so should at least hit the board
4. #9 Big Everest (6-1) – Good Governance will probably be over-bet, so take this Clement trainee who could have a chance to go gate to wire if Jose Ortiz gets him to the lead
Race 10 – Alw 50000s
1. #2 Mandy Green (5-1) – Has been on the improve, comes off a solid work and keeps Prat here for what should be good value
2. #1 Stuck On Kitten (3-1) – Has been respected by the betting public in the past, comes off two solid efforts, and should be in a good stalking position here
3. #4 Freedomofthepress (9-2) – Probably not the most likely winner, but one that looks like she should hold on to hit the board if the break is good
4. #7 Miss Domina (5-2) – Hasn’t been sharp in her last two, but gets some major class relief and had a recent bullet work so she should have a good effort here