MIDLANTIC RACING HEADLINES: MAR. 6
What’s been going on in Mid-Atlantic racing? Plenty, as a rider sneaks up on a milestone, a sophomore wins at first asking, and a veteran runner returns to action.
Racing headlines from the Mid-Atlantic:
- Parx picks and analysis: April 21We provide picks and analysis for today’s card at Parx Racing.
FOUR-BAGGER FOR BOCACHICA
- Jockey Arnaldo Bocachica won four times Friday at Charles Town and stands at the cusp of 2,000 wins. He has 1,998 entering Saturday and six mounts to get to the milestone…
THREE STRAIGHT FOR SUPER GARNER
- Veteran campaigner Super Garner won off by eight lengths in an allowance/optional claiming event at Charles Town for his third win in a row. The Bernard Dunham trainee has 12 wins from 37 career starts.
MULTIPLE STAKES WINNER CLUBMAN SIXTH IN RETURN
- Veteran Clubman, a multiple stakes winner, finished sixth Friday in a Laurel Park allowance/optional claiming event in his first start since October. The Scott Lake-trained Press My Bets won his second straight in the race.
EXCULPATORY WINS AT FIRST ASKING
- Three-year-old Exculpatory rallied from well back, closing sharply in the final furlong under Sheldon Russell to win by a half-length to take a maiden special weight at first asking. He’s trained by Mark Reid for Grace Merryman.
THREE MORE WINS FOR CLAUDIO GONZALEZ
- Laurel Park leading trainer Claudio Gonzalez sent out three horses to break their maidens Friday, including 19-length winner Sir Lenny. Gonzalez has 26 wins, 11 more than any other trainer.