VTA stallion season auction set for Tuesday
- WHAT: The Virginia Thoroughbred Association’s annual auction of no-guarantee stallion seasons. Funds generated by the auction benefit the Virginia Thoroughbred Association.
- WHEN: Open bidding takes place Tuesday, February 12, beginning at 10:00 a.m. and running until 8:00 p.m. The auction closes to new bids at that time, and on Wednesday, February 13, beginning at 10:00 a.m., VTA staff will attempt to contact the five highest bidders on each season to close out the bidding.
- WHERE: Bidders can bid by phone. The number is: 540-347-4313. There is no internet or mail bidding.
- NOTE: All seasons are no-guarantee seasons and must be paid for prior to breeding.
- WHO: The auction is open to all.
- WHO 2: The roster of stallions includes dozens from all of the major Eastern breeding states. The list includes exciting major sires like Curlin, Bernardini, Gun Runner, Kitten’s Joy, Tiznow, Uncle Mo, and others. It also includes 15 Maryland-based sires, including Holy Boss (pictured above); six standing in Pennsylvania; three in Virginia; and seven based in West Virginia.
- FOR MORE INFO: Click here for the list of stallion seasons on offer, and click here for the rules and procedures.