Gabby Gaudet’s got some thoughts on a live longshot.
RACE 5 NOTES
- Conditions: $20,000 claiming, 3yo and up
- Distance/surface: 5 furlongs, turf
- Favorite 1/1A entry of Billy Tow Hats and Greek Warrior gets the nod at 8-5, which feels short in here… It’s hard to fault anything Billy Two Hats has been up to… From the barn of trainer Joe Sharp, having a banner year (22 percent win rate)… Billy Two Hats had won two straight since being claimed before a bad-trip fifth last out… Gets Victor Carrasco aboard, and a good trip puts him right there.
- Gabby’s longshot The Man’s Hoss has been away a long time and always seems to find trouble — but sometimes he overcomes it… Gets Trevor McCarthy aboard for his first start in 11 months… Has kept pretty good company overall, but the trip may tell the tale here.
- Others of Note #6 Irunalatte (12-1) wheels back in less than a week after a rough trip in a tougher spot… #8 Agonistic (7-2) makes first start of the year; last season’s debut was an OK fourth against better, and Pimentel takes the mount… #9 Show Me the Way (15-1) has beaten similar on the dirt, has inconclusive turf results; good race-bad race pattern suggests better effort here, and pop Calixto Juarez puts red-hot son Nik in the irons.
KEY RACE VIDEO
In our key race video, Maryland Jockey Club analyst Gabby Gaudet and Frank Vespe of The Racing Biz focus on The Man’s Hoss, the #5 horse in today’s fifth race.