by Bobby Zen
Today we’re handicapping Delaware Park, which closes out the 2013 season on Wednesday, October 9. Lots of baby races that aren’t my cup of tea, but a chance for a score late in the card.
Race 6 – 1 1/16 miles on the turf, claiming $20,000
- El Season 7-2 Finds a weak field on his favorite course and distance
- Dodging 10-1 Class drop and dirt to turf angle, has a shot here
- Avilord 9-2 Improving speed, solid trainer and jock
- Discreet Duke 8-1 Runs well usually; don’t care for the jock change
Race 7 – 1 1/16 on the dirt, $100,000 Barbaro Stakes
- Revocation 8-5 Goes for third win in a row, should get it. Trainer Breen is 44% here
- Cerro 5-2 Minor stakes winner, turf to dirt makes him a live one here
- Purple Egg 4-1 Another minor stakes winner; distance too far?
- Heat Press 3-1 Comes off the bench, trouble last, may be ready
Race 8 – 1 mile 70 yards on the turf, optional claimer $15,000
- Tubby Time 8-1 Won last, loves the distance, solid trainer gives good shot
- Rock In Bage 6-1 Easy winner last out, right back here
- Skiff’s Brewmeister 4-1 Strong finish last out, may fire again
- Broad Moon 10-1 Third off claim, trouble last in stakes race; post no help
- Bet El Season to win and place at odds of 5-2 or better.
- Race 6 Pic 3 – 4,10 with 3,4,5 with 1,2,3.
Close out the season a winner!
(Follow Bobby at www.bobbyzen.com!)