Spa selections 2022: Saratoga picks August 10
In Spa Selections, Saratoga correspondent Joseph Aiello provides Saratoga picks for a handful of key races at Saratoga, including all of the exciting stakes action!
Follow along all meet with all the exciting action (and good betting opportunities)!
- Delaware Park Handicappers’ Notebook 2022 Vol. 19Our Delaware Park Handicappers’ Notebook — featuring races and horses to watch, track bias info, jock/trainer of the week, and more – returns for 2021.
Race 8 – Tale of the Cat Stakes
1. #5 Mr. Phil (3-1) – Comes off a forty-six flat four furlong work and should be close to the pace here with a good record at this distance
2. #2 Awesome Gerry (7-2) – Another who runs well at this distance and has some versatility, winning from both on and off the pace
3. #3 Southern District (7-5) – A winner of three straight but at longer distance, will need some early pace to run into to win here
4. #1 Isolate (4-1) – Repo Rocks needs to be aggressive to be competitive but doesn’t always break well, this one usually comes away quickly and should be on the lead early
Race 9 – Alw 95000n1x
1. #5 Frank’s Art (9-2) – Tough to go against Rosario and Clement who will likely be a short price, but should still be in the mix late
2. #3 War Terminator (5-1) – First time gelding stretches out in distance and adds blinkers here, should be good value and has a strong jockey trainer combo
3. #8 Front Line Dancer (7-2) – Cuts back to eight furlongs, but still one of the better runners in here off of improving speed figures, but might need some pace to chase
4. #11 Timbuktu (4-1) – Post makes this one a tough play to win, but showed some improvement last time and has won at Saratoga before for Brad Cox
Race 10 – Maiden 105k
1. #2 Tiz a Giant (10-1) – Raced going further than this a month ago over this track, finishing second by a half length and seems ready for a breakthrough win after three seconds
2. #3 Remote (6-1) – Distance shouldn’t be an issue at this point for this Clement trainee who was bet to favorite in two straight but may be best suited coming from mid pack
3. #8 Most Wanted Man (7-2) – Chad Brown started this one in Tampa, and second time out he closed into a hot pace which he may need here again to have winning chances
4. #7 Running Bee (4-1) – Showed improvement second time out, might benefit from the extra distance and keeps Manny Franco for Chad Brown