“TRUTH TO POWER” LIVESTREAM
The Racing Biz has partnered with freelance journalist Teresa Genaro and NTRA Director of Communications Alicia Hughes to launch a series of digital panel discussions designed to tackle issues of diversity and inclusion within the Thoroughbred industry.
The series, titled “Truth to Power,” will bring together various participants from within and outside of the racing realm to share their perspectives on racial, gender, and social inequality and how it impacts the sport as a whole. See the full release here.
Got a question to submit? Do so here.
Watch the livestream below.
- Fillies rule at MHBA Yearling ShowA Street Sense filly was named Grand Champion while a Great Notion filly was tabbed reserve champion at the 2021 MHBA Yearling Show August 1.
- Greg Harbut, 3rd generation horseman, bloodstock agent, who with partner Ray Daniels ran Necker Island in the 2020 Kentucky Derby.
- Ray Daniels, co-owner of Necker Island, formerly served as Director of Diversity and Minority Affairs and later VP of Operations for Waffle House, Inc.,, now owner of Equity Solutions Group, a strategic sourcing company.
- Rose Grissell, Head of Diversity and Inclusion for the British Horseracing Authority, which has created a Diversity in Racing Steering Group and mounted other initiatives.
- Alicia Hughes, co-organizer, Director of NTRA Communications for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association.
- Teresa Genaro, co-organizer, teacher, freelance writer, member of the nominating and voting committees for the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
- Frank Vespe, co-organizer, owner and publisher of The Racing Biz.