FASIG-TIPTON TELLS YEARLING SALE COVID PROTOCOLS
In advance of the upcoming Midlantic Fall Yearlings Sale in Timonium, Fasig-Tipton has announced the following COVID-19 protocols will be in place in accordance with Maryland regulations:
- Colonial Downs to have expanded stakes scheduleColonial Downs will play host to 25 stakes during its 21-day 2021 live racing meet, which kicks off its seven-week stand July 19.
- Screening measures, including temperature checks and health screening questions, will be in place to gain admittance to the sales grounds for all staff, participants and attendees;
- Cloth face coverings are required in accordance with U.S. CDC recommendations;
- Participants will not be allowed to congregate. At least six feet of distance must be maintained between people;
- Seating capacity in the sales pavilion will be reduced below 75% of capacity;
- No food service will be available in the sales pavilion;
- Valet parking will not be available;
- Increased cleaning and disinfection procedures will be implemented with regular sanitation of high touch surfaces at least every two hours;
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is recommended for all attendees;
The health and safety of sale participants is of paramount importance. These guidelines are intended as a supplement to assist with safe operations during the COVID-19 pandemic and are subject to change.
The Midlantic Fall Yearlings Sale will be held on Monday and Tuesday, October 5-6, at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Maryland.