In our Big Move of the Week, we feature one horse each week who impressed and might warrant a spot on your watch list. For the week through March 29, that horse is J La Tache.[su_divider top=”no” style=”double” size=”9″]
J LA TACHE FILE
- Last race: J La Tache, the 1-2 favorite in a maiden special weight test for three-year-old fillies, broke quickly, dueled on the lead with second choice Thissongisaboutyou, disposed of that runner and drew off to a four-length win in 1:12.59 for six furlongs. Thissongisaboutyou easily held second, six lengths clear of Tap Diva in third. J La Tache earned a 74 Beyer speed figure in the win.
- Comparables: J La Tache’s six furlong time was about a half-second faster than that recorded by older maiden special weight fillies and mares two races prior. It was also just .07 seconds slower to the five-furlong mark than older distaff allowance horses managed later on the card (the latter going 5 1/2 furlongs, not six).
- Before now: J La Tache had made seven prior starts and had been second or third in six of them, all while running at the best tracks in the country: Saratoga, Keeneland, and Gulfstream Park.
- Connections: J La Tache is trained by Graham Motion for owner-breeder My Meadowview Farm LLC. She was ridden to victory by Trevor McCarthy.
- Breeding and auction history: J La Tache is a My Meadowview homebred by Harlan’s Holiday out of the graded stakes-winning Carson City mare Palanka City.
- Worth a look: Other horses worth a gander from the past week: H R Express, Cardio Country, Dan’s Girl, J La Tache, Pepper Bay.
(Music used in this video: First Call, by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com), Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)