Spa selections 2022: Saratoga picks July 22
In Spa Selections, Saratoga correspondent Joseph Aiello provides Saratoga picks for a handful of key races at Saratoga, including all of the exciting stakes action!
Follow along all meet with all the exciting action (and good betting opportunities)!
- Spa selections 2022: Saratoga picks August 14In Spa Selections, our correspondent provides his Saratoga picks for key races on today’s Saratoga card!
Race 7 – Alw 115000n1x
1. #1 Keepmeinmind (1-1) – Comes off a long layoff, but there should be just enough pace in here for this closer to pick up the pieces in the stretch
2. #7 Efficiency (7-2) – This gelding by Gun Runner should be in first or second early, and comes off a dominant eleven length victory with a chance to build off that race
3. #4 Naval Aviator (8-1) – Colt by Tapit might be able to take advantage of the pace scenario here and is a winner of his last two but takes a step up in this one
4. #6 Tiwanaku (6-1) – Comes off a nice workout and changed his running style after being claimed by Tom Amoss, so should be involved in the pace early here
Race 8 – OC 45000n2x
1. #1 Makin My Move (7-2) – A real threat to go gate to wire here after a very strong win last time and another solid effort in a Grade III on turf in October
2. #3 Kokopelli (9-2) – Won her first two, then struggled on a yielding surface a year ago before laying off, but has top flight connections and might get pace to close into here
3. #5 Palace Gossip (4-1) – Has a good stalking running style that will benefit her as she tries five and a half for the first time, and has hit the board in every turf start so far
4. #6 Sassy Melissa (5-2) – Will need some pace here to close, but has put forth two good efforts in a row and seems to have turned a corner here with Jeremiah Englehart as trainer
Race 9 – Grade III Lake George Stakes
1. #6 Eminent Victor (5-2) – Not many in here that make a great case to beat these connections, as a repeat of her last race wins in this group
2. #8 Skims (9-2) – McGaughey trainee comes off a sharp four furlong work after back to back thirds in graded races, plus gets Rosario in the irons and can win if she isn’t too far back
3. #5 Dolce Zel (3-1) – The other Chad Brown trainee hasn’t raced her sharpest in the last two, but has won both her races off a layoff and keeps Irad Ortiz here
4. #4 Koala Princess (9-2) – Might fly under the radar a bit here, but was bet to favorite in the Breeder’s Cup Juvenile Filly Turf and only lost there by two lengths, so worth a play off a layoff