DISCO EBO DOMINATES IN SHAMROCK ROSE
Disco Ebo won for the third consecutive start Friday, dominating the $200,000 Shamrock Rose Stakes for Pennsylvania-bred two-year-old fillies at Penn National.
Under jockey Jomar Torres, Disco Ebo broke best of all, cruised to the lead, and drew away while ridden out, winning by nearly six lengths in 1:11.25 for six furlongs, earning a career-best 95 Equibase speed figure.
- Charles Town picks and horses to watch: January 27, 2023We’ve got Charles Town picks and preview today as the track presents its Friday card!
- Off at 3-2, Disco Ebo was never challenged en route to the victory.
- Longshots Burano (21-1) and Isthatyourharley (18-1) finished second and third, respectively.
- Disco Ebo paid $5.00 to win. The exacta returned $62.40 for a $2 wager, and the triple returned $201 for a buck.
- Disco Ebo has won three of five career starts and finished second in the other two.
- She has career earnings of $203,060.
- After finishing second in her first two starts, at Monmouth and Parx, she has won three straight, the first at Parx and now two at Penn National.
- She broke her maiden by more than 10 lengths and then won an allowance contest by over 10 prior to the Shamrock Rose.
- Disco Ebo is trained by Butch Reid at Parx Racing. She’s owned by LC Racing LLC and Cash is King LLC. LC purchased her for $52,000 from the 2020 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic fall yearling sale.
- She was bred by St. Omer’s Farm and is by Weigelia out of the Disco Rico mare Katarica Disco.
- She has four full siblings who each earned more than $400,000.