LISTEN: OFF TO THE RACES RETURNS SATURDAY
Nick Hahn, Derby Bill Watson and Frank Vespe reconvene to discuss last week’s Breeders’ Cup action and handicap some of this weekend’s top races.
It was quite a weekend of racing, featuring remarkable performances from some of the horses, a pair of Maryland-breds winning, and some epic screwups from the humans.
Among the questions our panel will tackle:
- Off the Pace: Catching up with Eric PignataroIn a new “Off the Pace”: Mike Valiante catches up with Eric Pignataro, former jai alai player-turned-jockeys’ agent plying his trade at Delaware Park.
- DId anybody make money last week?
- What were the top storylines of the weekend?
- What were the biggest surprises?
- Does Bob Baffert have the early favorite for the Kentucky Derby? And if so, then what?
Then we’ll turn our attention to this week’s racing, which features three stakes from Laurel Park, two for juveniles and one for older fillies and mares. For spice, we may add in a dash of Aqueduct and a pinch of Woodbine.
The cast of characters:
- Nick Hahn. A familiar voice to our listeners, Nick Hahn is the Virginia correspondent for The Racing Biz and author of the eponymous Nick’s Picks tipsheet, the original and best Colonial Downs tipsheet. And, yes, Nick had I’ll Have Another in the 2012 Kentucky Derby.
- Derby Bill Watson. Man, myth, and legend Derby Bill Watson is an Off to the Races regular and the former on-air handicapper for Colonial Downs.
Frank Vespe will host.