MIDLANTIC RACING HEADLINES: MARCH 8
What’s been going on in Mid-Atlantic racing? Plenty, as there was action at Laurel Park, a change in distance for two stakes, and a tough feature today at Parx Racing.
Racing headlines from the Mid-Atlantic:
- Parx picks and horses to watch: Jan. 26We’ve got Parx Racing picks today as the track presents another midweek card!
PAIRS FOR RUSSELL, GONZALEZ
- Trainers Brittany Russell and Claudio Gonzalez each won twice Sunday at Laurel Park. Gonzalez has 28 wins during the meet thus far, 13 more than his nearest pursuer, Mike Trombetta, while Russell is 8-for-26 at the meet, a 31% strike rate.
TAYLER’S CHROME TAKES LRL ALLOWANCE FEATURE
- Gonzalez took the day’s featured allowance/optional claimer for three-year-old fillies when Tayler’s Chrome posted a front-running, 2 1/2-length score under jockey Angel Cruz. The California Chrome filly now has two wins from six career starts. Favored Gravity’s Rainbow suffered a catastrophic injury during the race and was euthanized.
DISTANCES CHANGED FOR TWO LRL STAKES
- Two Laurel Park turf stakes scheduled for April 17 will be run at different distances than originally planned. The Henry S. Clark for three-year-olds and up and the Dahlia, for fillies and mares three and up, both will be contested at 1 1/16 miles rather than their normal one-mile. That’s because of maintenance to the turf course that will close several lanes.
RUGGED GROUP TO CONTEST PARX RACING FEATURE
- Parx Racing’s Monday feature is a $45,000 open allowance going a mile 70 yards that’s attracted the likes of Wait for It, Dreams Untold, and others. Trained by Ed Coletti, Wait for It is a multiple stakes winner of nearly $500,000. Dreams Untold, trained by John Servis, is the 5-2 morning line favorite; though he has not yet won a stake, he has at times flashed major talent while winning five of 11 starts. The feature is race 10, with an anticipated post time of 4:58 p.m.