LAUREL PARK HIGHLIGHTED IN STRONACH 5
An allowance optional claiming event for 2-year-olds on the turf from Gulfstream Park and a restricted allowance event from Laurel Park highlight Friday’s popular Stronach 5.
- Fasig-Tipton 2022 Mixed sale by the numbersIt wouldn’t be a Fasig-Tipton Mixed Sale if we didn’t break it down by the numbers. Hey, how many grays are there, anyway?
The Stronach 5, with an industry-low 12-percent takeout, will begin at 3:49 ET with Laurel Park’s eighth race. The final two legs of the sequence will be contested on the turf from Gulfstream.
The Stronach 5 All-Star Ticket is only $54 with one single coming in the third leg.
All-Star Ticket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch4eHQhlC5s
Laurel’s eight race is a very competitive allowance event for Maryland state-bred or sired 3-year-olds and up. Stone Courageous is the tepid 3-1 morning-line favorite. Dark Hollow Farm’s Toy, trained by Michael Trombetta, comes into the race off a seven-month layoff. After breaking his maiden in his sixth attempt, he won an entry-level allowance event in May despite getting steadied.
After Gulfstream’s eighth race, a claiming event for $6,250 3-year-olds and up at six furlongs, the third leg of the Stronach 5 returns to Laurel for a field of nine claimers going six furlongs. Halfinthewrapper, the 2-1 favorite, runs for the first time since being claimed by trainer John Robb.
The last two legs of the Stronach 5 at Gulfstream will both be run on the turf. Gulfstream’s ninth race, the fourth leg of the sequence, features seven 2-year-olds at a mile. Whatmakessammyrun, third Nov. 6 in the Atlantic Beach at Aqueduct for trainer by George Weaver, is the 2-1 favorite. Mike Maker will saddle Risk Manager, a son of Lookin At Lucky who broke his maiden in his debut at Keeneland Oct. 16 at a mile on the turf.
The Stronach 5 concludes with Gulfstream’s 10th race, an allowance optional claiming event for 3-year-olds and up at five furlongs on the turf. Pay Any Price, making the last start of his career, has won 16 of 24 starts at Gulfstream and will be favored. Team Valor International’s Last Opportunity cuts back in distance for trainer Todd Pletcher. Cash Now will make his turf debut for the Brad Cox barn..
Friday’s races and sequence
· Leg One – Laurel Park 8th Race: (9 entries, 1 mile) 3:49 ET, 12:49 PT
· Leg Two –Gulfstream Park 8th Race: (8 entries, 6 furlong) 4:06 ET, 1:06 PT
· Leg Three –Laurel Park 9th Race: (9 entries, 6 furlongs) 4:18 ET, 1:18 PT
· Leg Four –Gulfstream Park 9th Race: (7 entries, 1 mile turf) 4:36 ET, 1:36 PT
· Leg Five –Gulfstream Park 10th Race: (12 entries, 5 furlongs turf) 5:06 ET, 2:06 PT