In our new Big Move of the Week, we feature one horse each week who impressed and might warrant a spot on your watch list. For the week ending November 29, that horse is an easy choice: Behrnik’s Bank.[su_divider top=”no” style=”double” size=”9″]
BEHRNIK’S BANK FILE [su_divider top=”no” style=”double” size=”9″]
[su_list icon=”icon: check”]
- Last race: Sent off at 1-5, two-year-old Behrnik’s Bank bounded right to the lead in the six furlong, $75,000 Blue Mountain Juvenile Fillies at Penn National Wednesday night and never looked back, posting a dominant 13-length win under jockey Edwin Gonzalez.
- The sky’s the limit: Behrnik’s Bank covered the six furlong distance in a sharp 1:10.22. That was .78 seconds faster than four-year-old Favorite Tale — third in the Breeders’ Cup Sprint last out — covered the distance two races later. Behrnik’s Bank’s two wins have come by a combined 31 1/2 lengths.
- Spotless: Behrnik’s Bank has won both of her starts to date with earnings of $64,980.
- (Not so) Great Expectations: Behrnik’s Bank was 14-1 in her debut, against state-bred maiden fillies at Penn National. She won that day by 18 1/2 lengths.
- Breeding: Behrnik’s Bank is by Bank Heist out of the stakes-placed Chimes Band mare Behrnik. Behrnik’s Bank was bred by in Pennsylvania by Kaz Hill Farm and is owned by Peter Kazamias. She’s trained by Dimitrios K. Synnefias.
(Music used in this video: First Call, by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com), Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)