There’s a $100,000 guaranteed pool in today’s Jackpot Pick 5 at Laurel Park. How can you resist? Gabby Gaudet couldn’t.
- RACE 5
- Selections: 2-4-6
- Notably: “I’m using the 2, Throwback, at 15-1 for Claudio Gonzalez (20 percent winners at Laurel). That’s a good price for a Claudio Gonzalez horse.”
- RACE 6 — CAESAR’S WISH STAKES
- Selections: 1-5-7
- Notably: “The question with Grade 1 winner By the Moon is: can you beat her? And with whom? I think you can, and I’m going with #7 Gypsy Judy as my top selection here. I think it’s a little like Lady Sabelia last month — is she this type of filly to beat a Grade 1 horse? I think Gypsy Judy is really improving, and the way she won the Wide Country made me think there’s more improvement to come.”
- RACE 7 — CONNIVER STAKES
- Selections: 2-3-6
- Notably: “I’m going to try to beat the favorite, Printasticat (5-2), with the 2, If Not For Her. She’s a horse who loves an off-track and is three-for-three on wet tracks. Plus, she’s coming off a really nice sort of blowout work a few days ago, and I think her last race, when she was third, was better than it looks. She looked like she was finished in that race, and then re-rallied to finish a half-length behind the winner.
- RACE 8 — HARRISON JOHNSON MEMORIAL STAKES
- Selections: 1, 6
- Notably: “I like the 1, Page McKenney. I think he’s a trier, and he just needs to get the right trip. Horacio Karamanos knows how to ride this horse and how to time his move, and this horse knows where the wire is.”
- RACE 9
- Selections: 3, 5, 8, 9
- Notably: “The one longshot that I really like in this last leg of the sequence is the 9, Lestrade. I think this horse turning back in distance and getting Victor Carrasco aboard has a real shot here, and a bomb in the last leg would be huge.
- RACE 5: 2, 4, 6
- RACE 6: 1, 5, 7
- RACE 7: 2, 3, 6
- RACE 8: 1, 6
- RACE 9: 3, 5, 8, 9
- Ticket cost ($0.20 unit): $43.20
(Featured image, of Ben’s Cat, by Laurie Asseo.)