[half]CLAIMING LEADERS FOR THE WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 30
- Jamie Ness — 4 claims for $32,250
- Murray Rojas — 3 claims/$27,500
- Mario Serey, Jr. — 3 claims/$22,500
- 10 tied with two each
Priciest claim: Six trainers claimed a horse for $25,000
* 52 trainers claimed at least one horse[/half][half]HORSES CLAIMED AWAY FOR THE WEEK ENDING SEPTEMBER 30
- Three tied with three each. They are Mike Trombetta, Patricia Farro, and Gregory Sacco.
Trombetta was tops by value of horses claimed away, $50,000.
* 58 trainers lost at least one horse
CLAIMING TRAINERS FOR THE MONTH[table id=97 /]
- NEW TO THE LIST: Jamie Ness, Henry Worcester, IV, Murray Rojas, Mario Serey, Jr.
- OFF THE LIST: Scott Lake, Michael Moore, Michael Pino
- HIGHEST NET GAIN: Jamie Ness — 5 (claimed 7, had 2 claimed away)
- HIGHEST NET LOSS: Bernie Houghton — -5 (did not claim any, had 5 claimed away)
For the week…
For the third straight week, claiming activity in the mid-Atlantic region rose during the period ending September 30.
Across the region, 69 horses were claimed during the seven-day period with a combined value of $670,750. That was an increase of 23 percent in the number of horses claimed (from 56 total claims) and 15 percent in the value of those claims (from $581,000). The average value of a claim dropped by about six percent, to $9,721, while the median remained steady at $7,500.
Laurel was the region’s busiest track for claiming activity, but it was just one of four tracks to have double-digit claims on the week. The central Maryland track saw 18 horses claimed with a combined value of $175,000, both tops in the region. The average value, however, was, at $9,722, only the third-highest. The highest average value belonged to Parx Racing, where 13 claims averaged $12,192. On its final weekend, Monmouth Park saw 15 horses claimed (in just two days of racing), while Penn National had 12 claims. Charles Town (eight claims) and Delaware Park (three) rounded out the region.
The claimbox report covers claiming activity at Parx Racing, Penn National, Charles Town, Laurel Park, Monmouth Park, the Meadowlands, and Delaware Park.
Weekly Dollar Value of Horses Changing Hands[show-rjqc id=”10″]