From a Maryland Jockey Club release
From April 3 through May 3, any single, unique 10-cent winning ticketholder in the Pimlico Players Jackpot Pick 5 will receive a minimum of $50,000 plus a trip for two to the 2014 Preakness with seats in the in the Turfside Terrace section.
The Pimlico Pick 5 is a jackpot wager that pays any carryover to a single, unique winning ticket.
- 60% of the daily pool is paid to multiple winners or “best of fives”
- 40% of the daily pool builds a jackpot carryover payable to a single, unique winning 10¢ ticket
- Low 18% takeout
- 10¢ minimum bet and ticket value
- Late scratches are awarded post time favorites
- A move from turf to dirt results in an “all”; a surface change in more than one leg results in a refund
- Mandatory payout on Preakness Day (May 17)