Six winners for Paco Lopez
Paco Lopez enjoyed an overcast Wednesday at Parx Racing. The veteran rider had eight mounts and finished in the money eight times – including six winners.
Coupled with a runner-up finish in his final Tuesday mount, Lopez now has finished in the money nine straight times. Overall, he has 123 wins and almost $5.4 million in purse earnings this year from 573 mounts.
His six Wednesday winners at Parx:
- Wagon Boss (race 3) surged to the lead near the quarter pole and drew away to win by over three lengths in a beaten claiming race. The 10-year-old gelding is trained and owned by Scott Lake. He paid $8.60 to win as the co-second choice in the field of seven.
- Rush Center (race 4) won a maiden special weight event by a nose as the 1-2 favorite, holding on to get the bob. Rush Center is trained by Robert Mosco for Longball Stable and John Fanelli.
- Red Wind (race 6) raced in midflight early in this claiming event on the turf before opening a long lead and cruising home to win by a couple. Red Wind paid $5.80 to win as the favorite and is trained by Claudio Gonzalez for Danny Chen.
CHECK OUT THE LATEST OFF TO THE RACES RADIO!
- Pistol Liz Ablazen (race 8) won this second-level allowance/optional claimer by more than five lengths after rating close to the early pace. The stakes-placed four-year-old filly is trained by Butch Reid for Cash Is King LLC and LC Racing LLC. She was off as the 8-5 second choice.
- Baafeed (race 9) represented another Lake-Lopez combo effort, as the five-year-old horse mounted a late surge to win by a neck in this allowance/optional claimer. Off at 2-1, he is owned by Richard Malouf.
- Lacco Ameno (race 10) rallied from nearly 20 lengths back early to prevail by a neck in this state-bred allowance on the turf, returning backers $14.00 on a two-dollar win wager. The six-year-old Seville gelding is trained by Tim Woolley for owner-breeder Ascoli Piceno Stables LLC.
Lopez is next in action Friday, June 23 with five mounts at Monmouth Park.