Spa selections 2022: Saratoga picks August 31
In Spa Selections, Saratoga correspondent Joseph Aiello provides Saratoga picks for a handful of key races at Saratoga, including all of the exciting stakes action!
Follow along all meet with all the exciting action (and good betting opportunities)!
- Delaware Park picks and horses to watch: October 6We’ve got Delaware Park picks and horses to watch for this afternoon’s racing program.
Race 8 – Claiming 12500
1. #3 Bodeflex (7-2) – Finished a close third in two straight, including in an allowance last time, plus has a sharp record at six furlongs with three wins in four tries
2. #6 Double Shot (2-1) – This gelding has typically run well in this company and gets Luis Saez here, plus has two wins off the bench and gets another chance for one here
3. #4 Joe Di Baggio (3-1) – Hasn’t had a winning effort since December, but maybe dropping into a low level claimer will lead to some improvement
4. #7 Durkin’s Call (9-2) – Doesn’t look like a winner in this group, but has competitive enough speed figures that a good effort can have him hit the board
Race 9 – Grade III With Anticipation Stakes
1. #3 Noble Huntsman (8-1) – This colt rated a bit in the Skidmore two weeks back, and gets more distance to close into here which he should prefer with a similar running style
2. #9 Our Dream Rye’d (4-1) – Made a huge move in his turf debut last time, winning from thirteen lengths back at the Spa, and can win if he builds off that effort
3. #8 Lachaise (5-1) – This ridgling by Oscar Performance won first time in a state-bred maiden, so while this is a step up, he was bet to favorite there and has a good chance here
4. #1 Battle of Normandy (3-1) – This colt by City of Light sat off a slow pace in his debut to win easily late, but will need to chase a bit more speed this time to hit the board
Race 10 – MC 25000
1. #2 Capt’ Remington (8-1) – This gelding has run well recently, finishing second in three straight with some improvement sitting off the leaders in his last two
2. #5 Sinful Dancer (3-1) – Drops from state-bred maidens into claiming company, and has shown some good efforts at that higher class plus runs his best at this distance
3. #3 Devil Boy (5-2) – Another one that drops into claimers, with a couple efforts that look good enough to beat these based on speed figures
4. #7 Cumberland Blues (12-1) – First time starter who has worked frequently over the last two weeks, and could maybe be worth a play considering the weaknesses of others here