Charles Town to boost purses by 10 percent
Following another successful year, including record pari-mutuel performance, Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races has announced it will be increasing overnight purses by 10 percent, effective on March 23, which coincides with the first live racing program in the track’s next full condition book.
- Whereshetoldmetogo prevails in New CastleVeteran Whereshetoldmetogo scored in Friday’s New Castle Stakes, while Philadelphia Belle upset the Tax Free Shopping Distaff at Delaware Park.
Following the purse hike, maiden special weight’s will be run for $32,700 with allowance purses ranging from $33,900 to $38,700 while horses at the bottom rung of the claiming ranks will compete for no less than $9,700. The purse increase will apply to both West Virginia-bred and unrestricted company. The increase in the purse schedule comes on the heels of the track announcing it would again be supplementing West Virginia-bred stakes program allowing their purses to stand at $75,000 for 2022 and the Charles Town Classic (G2) and Charles Town Oaks (G3) receiving bumps to $1,000,000 and $500,000 respectively.
Charles Town’s next day of live racing is scheduled for Wednesday, March 16 and will get underway at the track’s standard first post time of 7:00 P.M. EST.
- Whereshetoldmetogo prevails in New Castle
- Jonathan Thomas hoping for Delight-ful Selima
- Charles Town picks and horses to watch: September 30
- Delaware Park picks and horses to watch: September 30
- Roan Burgundy may be among new turfers in Laurel Futurity
- Laurel Park picks and ponderings: September 30, 2022