“TRUTH TO POWER” LIVESTREAM
The Racing Biz has partnered with freelance journalist Teresa Genaro and NTRA Director of Communications Alicia Hughes to launch a series of digital panel discussions designed to tackle issues of diversity and inclusion within the Thoroughbred industry.
The series, titled “Truth to Power,” will bring together various participants from within and outside of the racing realm to share their perspectives on racial, gender, and social inequality and how it impacts the sport as a whole. See the full release here.
Got a question to submit? Do so below.
Watch the livestream below.
- “Truth to Power” panel set for Apr. 21The third “Truth to Power” virtual panel, focusing on diversity and inclusion in the Thoroughbred industry, is set for April 21 at 5:00 pm.
- Renee Hess, founder and executive director of the Black Girl Hockey Club.
- Leon Nichols, cofounder and CEO of the Project to Preserve African American Turf History.
- Ron Mack, founder of Legacy Equine Academy, which promotes the equine and agriculture industry to racially diverse middle and high school students.
- Alicia Hughes, co-organizer, Director of NTRA Communications for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association.
- Teresa Genaro, co-organizer, teacher, freelance writer, member of the nominating and voting committees for the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
- Frank Vespe, co-organizer, owner and publisher of The Racing Biz.
GOT A QUESTION?