PARX PICKS AND ANALYSIS: May 12
Parx Racing has an 11-race card this afternoon, and Joe Parisi is on board to handicap. Post time is 12:55 p.m. Good luck!
Carryovers: Jackpot Pick 5, $25,237
Note: Joe likes multi-race wagers, so horses in these may be considered for doubles and Pick 3s, in particular.
- #2 Spun Run (9-5): Very strong effort in last. A repeat of that race would most likely put her in the winner’s circle.
- #6 Dial a Lady (9-2): Drop in class should put her in the mix.
- #4 Lady Mistress (6-1): In bad form lately but 14 April workout looks better. and last race was closing late.
- PICK 4 WAGER (the following wagers are meant to cover a range of possibilities while putting more money behind those considered most likely):
- $2 P4: 2/3/5/1
- $1 P4: 4,6/3/5/1 2/1,6/5/1 2/3/1,3/1 2/3/5/2,7
- $0.50: 4,6/1,6/5/1 4,6/3/1,3/1 4,6/3/5/2,7 2/1,6/1,3/1 2/1,6/5/2,7 2/3/1,3/2,7
- Total Bet: $22.00
- #3 Mr. Roundtree (5-2): Consistent runner has the speed figures to challenge for the win here.
- #6 Danzafied (6-1): The most early speed in the race and could steal it if he gets loose.
- #1 Pategory One (7-2): Aqueduct shipper looking for an easier spot after running against better.
- Whereshetoldmetogo, Intrepid Daydream highlight DelPark stakesVeteran campaigner Whereshetoldmetogo and promising newcomer Intrepid Daydream highlight two Delaware Park stakes Friday.
- #5 Jamie’s Wanderlust (2-1): Ran well in last after 110-day freshening. With that race under her belt she should improve here.
- #3 Intervention (7-2): Unusual for a horse to win next race after breaking maiden, which she almost did in last. Best speed figures in this race.
- #1 Four Seasons Girl (5-2): Has been running at this level for some time without success, but seems to be rounding into form.
- #1 Passport Required (9-5): In good form lately and should be on the lead early.
- #7 Quiet Please (5-1): After disappointing last race, makes second try at back this level. Look for improvement today.
- #2 Spectacular Now (8-1): Two wins in 12 starts. Good effort in last. Perhaps Blane Servis has gotten him to peak form.
- #5 Tokyo (2-1): Won at the bottom level at Gulfstream two back. May have needed last race. 3 wins in 10 lifetime starts.
- #7 Florencia (4-1): Strong presser has good chance if the race falls apart for the speed horses.
- #1 Up Just in Time (5-1): Has early speed but usually fades. Not much other early speed in here gives him a chance to get an easy lead.
- #1 Heart Rhythm (7-2): Has been running well in recent races good speed figures. The one to beat.
- #3 One Nation (4-1): Keeneland shipper has faced tougher and fits well with these.
- #6 Know It Now (6-1): Game effort in last. Should be able to factor into the exotics.
- BackTracks: The kingly Henry of NavarreIn today’s BackTracks, New Jersey-bred Henry of Navarre found Hall of Fame success on the racetrack and later played a more martial role.
- #5 Thrilling Baby (6-1): Bad first start at Woodbine in November on synthetic. Now in the competent hands of Linder and horse has solid pedigree. Improved in last 2. May run a big one today.
- #3 Hilltop Honey (5-1): Passed tiring horses after a poor start in debut. May improve in second start.
- #6 Whistling Fool (5-2): First time starter not facing much competition. May get a piece of the exotics.
- #6 Dial Operator (6-1): Not much other early speed in here. Has been working well and if he gets loose he could go wire-to-wire.
- #4 Thundershook (4-1): This closer could pick up the pieces if the speed fails. Good speed figures.
- #5 D T Goodie (5-1): Very consistent speed figures are strong enough to get him into the exotics.
- #5 Shero (2-1): Very strong races in last 3. In excellent form. The one to beat.
- #4 Evil Woman (5-1): Has the class and speed figures to be considered here.
- #3 Always a Queen (5-2): Has been in good from and should run well enough to use in the exotics.
- #4 Town Jak (8-5): Has been running very well. Looks much the best here.
- #1 Spikes Shirl (15-1): Worth a look based on class drop. Will be competitive if he runs anywhere near his previous form.
- #7 King’s House (4-1): Have to respect his early speed. Could be tough to catch if he gets a clear lead.
- #11 Tiz Effective (12-1): Showed good early speed and faded last time. Could run a big one today.
- #2 Diesel (9-2): Another horse that showed some early speed and faded. Not much else in here and he might continue running this time.
- #7 Liquor (3-1): Has been running pretty well lately and may get a piece of the exotics on this drop.