PARX PICKS AND ANALYSIS: APRIL 13
Parx Racing has an 11-race card this afternoon, and Joe Parisi is on board to handicap. Post time is 12:55 p.m. Good luck!
Note: Joe likes multi-race wagers, so horses in these may be considered for doubles and Pick 3s, in particular.
- #2 Oracabessa (8-1): Gave up any chance of winning two back when he had to be pulled up. Overmatched last time out. Back to 10K where he may run a big race.
- #7 Longtail (8-5): Showed early speed at a higher class level and that speed might hold al Md 10000.
- #5 Go Huskies (7-2): Decent race last time at Md 25000. Will be in the mix here with a repeat of that race.
- PICK 4 WAGER (the following wagers are meant to cover a range of possibilities while putting more money behind those considered most likely):
- $1.50 P4: 2/2/3/3
- $1.00 P4: 5,7/2/3/3 2/4,6/3/3 2/2/5,7/3 2/2/3/1,7
- $0.50 P4: 5,7/4,6/3/3 5,7/2/5,7/3 5,7/2/3/1,7 2/4,6/5,7/3 2/4,6/3/1,7 2/2/5,7/1,7
- Total: $21.50
- #2 Baby Bull (9-5): In for a tag which may signal Servis really wants a win. Speed figures superior to most of this group.
- #6 Brees Bayou (5-2): Dropping down and stretching out. That combination and good speed figures put him right in the mix.
- #4 Bundi Bundi (9-2): Consistent runner should find his way into the exotics again.
- Mid-Atlantic Three Stars: May 11Your five-minute read to catch up on all the Mid-Atlantic racing action you may have missed over the weekend…
- #3 This Round’s Mine (4-1): In a duel last time and got caught. If she can get clear this time, she might be able to finish.
- #7 Artemis Rising (9-2): Got very rank and was eased last time. Should be near the front again and can compete if she doesn’t have problems again.
- #5 New Jersey (7-2): Usually runs a competitive race and speed figures put in the exotics.
- #3 A.C. Riggs (6-1): Sire Tapiture gets14% winners with 3YO and up first-time starters. Nice workout line.
- #7 Pretty Pants (7-2): Sire Violence wins at 16% with 3YO and up first time starters. Working well and not many quality experienced horses in here.
- #1A Confirmed Genius (9-5): Has run well in last two starts at this level.
- #3 Vinny Dream (5-2): Keeps improving as a 3yo and still has not run his best.
- #4 Hangar One (10-1): Had some trouble in the stretch last time or would have finished better,
- #1 Explain (12-1): Got a bad start when he faced many in here two back. If he gets a better break he will be competitive here.
- PICK 4 WAGER (the following wagers are meant to cover a range of possibilities while putting more money behind those considered most likely:
- $1.50 P3: 3/8/6/1
- $1.00 P3: 1,4/8/6/1 3/1,7/6/1 3/8/4,5/1 3/8/6/7,8
- $0.50 P3: 1,4/1,7/6/1 1,4/8/4,5/1 1,4/8/6/7,8 3/1,7/4,5/1 3/1,7/6/7,8 3/8/4,5/7,8
- Total: $21.50
- #8 J Wass (9-5): Always puts in a good effort and dropping from a level where he may have been overmatched.
- #7 No Fly Zone (6-1): Got caught in a speed duel last time and was still running late but got passed by a closer. He will be on the lead again.
- #1 I Saw It All (6-1): Has speed but always seems to run into trouble, usually of his own making. Still has a chance with this group.
- BackTracks: Chompion’s DixieIn today’s BackTracks, 1968 Travers winner Chompion takes the 1971 Dixie after Hall of Famer Fort March is DQed.
- #6 Won The Case (9-5): Lots of early speed in this race sets up well for this closer.
- #4 Kristi’s Copilot (7-2): Good speed figures and dropping down to Clm 5000 should put him in contention for the win.
- #5 Here Wego (8-1): Has 5 wins in 16 lifetime starts. Will be a threat if he gets loose on the lead, but that may be tough in a field with other horses that run early
- #1 Lorden’s Love (9-2): Abrams good with first after claim and a short layoff. Nice workout pattern for this horse.
- #7 Broad Storm (4-1): Shuman seems to ship this horse where he thinks he can get a win. Wins at 14% when bringing horses back after 61-180 day layoff. Must be respected.
- #8 Colloquium (3-1): Can win this race if she repeats her last.
- #1 Audience of One (3-1): Has been in very good form recently and has been running against some good competition.
- #3 Boston Light (9-2): Closed well last time with many of the same horses that are running today.
- #6 Tomasco (8-1): Has not been running well lately but has shown early speed and dropping back down to a more competitive class level.
- #12 Monteleone (4-1): Proven tough competitor versus starter foes.
- #3 King’s House (6-1): Could be tough to catch if he gets a clear lead.
- #11 Flashy Kyem (5-1): Very consistent and should be in the trifecta if he runs his normal race.
- #7 Leftatthealtar (6-1): Will probably get the lead by default in a race with no pace. If she does get a clear lead a win is possible.
- #9 Barn Queen (9-5): Has not been running well but has a chance only because of the class drop.
- #4 Candy Tune Spirit (15-1): 3rd lifetime start and blinkers may get her focused.