PARX PICKS AND ANALYSIS: APRIL 13
Parx Racing has an 11-race card this afternoon, and Joe Parisi is on board to handicap. Post time is 12:55 p.m. Good luck!
Note: Joe likes multi-race wagers, so horses in these may be considered for doubles and Pick 3s, in particular.
- #2 Oracabessa (8-1): Gave up any chance of winning two back when he had to be pulled up. Overmatched last time out. Back to 10K where he may run a big race.
- #7 Longtail (8-5): Showed early speed at a higher class level and that speed might hold al Md 10000.
- #5 Go Huskies (7-2): Decent race last time at Md 25000. Will be in the mix here with a repeat of that race.
- PICK 4 WAGER (the following wagers are meant to cover a range of possibilities while putting more money behind those considered most likely):
- $1.50 P4: 2/2/3/3
- $1.00 P4: 5,7/2/3/3 2/4,6/3/3 2/2/5,7/3 2/2/3/1,7
- $0.50 P4: 5,7/4,6/3/3 5,7/2/5,7/3 5,7/2/3/1,7 2/4,6/5,7/3 2/4,6/3/1,7 2/2/5,7/1,7
- Total: $21.50
- #2 Baby Bull (9-5): In for a tag which may signal Servis really wants a win. Speed figures superior to most of this group.
- #6 Brees Bayou (5-2): Dropping down and stretching out. That combination and good speed figures put him right in the mix.
- #4 Bundi Bundi (9-2): Consistent runner should find his way into the exotics again.
- Hello Beautiful moves to top of MATCH standingsWith her score in Saturday’s Weathervane Stakes, Hello Beautiful also moved to the top of the MATCH Series standings, one of four top contenders in action.
- #3 This Round’s Mine (4-1): In a duel last time and got caught. If she can get clear this time, she might be able to finish.
- #7 Artemis Rising (9-2): Got very rank and was eased last time. Should be near the front again and can compete if she doesn’t have problems again.
- #5 New Jersey (7-2): Usually runs a competitive race and speed figures put in the exotics.
- #3 A.C. Riggs (6-1): Sire Tapiture gets14% winners with 3YO and up first-time starters. Nice workout line.
- #7 Pretty Pants (7-2): Sire Violence wins at 16% with 3YO and up first time starters. Working well and not many quality experienced horses in here.
- #1A Confirmed Genius (9-5): Has run well in last two starts at this level.
- #3 Vinny Dream (5-2): Keeps improving as a 3yo and still has not run his best.
- #4 Hangar One (10-1): Had some trouble in the stretch last time or would have finished better,
- #1 Explain (12-1): Got a bad start when he faced many in here two back. If he gets a better break he will be competitive here.
- PICK 4 WAGER (the following wagers are meant to cover a range of possibilities while putting more money behind those considered most likely:
- $1.50 P3: 3/8/6/1
- $1.00 P3: 1,4/8/6/1 3/1,7/6/1 3/8/4,5/1 3/8/6/7,8
- $0.50 P3: 1,4/1,7/6/1 1,4/8/4,5/1 1,4/8/6/7,8 3/1,7/4,5/1 3/1,7/6/7,8 3/8/4,5/7,8
- Total: $21.50
- #8 J Wass (9-5): Always puts in a good effort and dropping from a level where he may have been overmatched.
- #7 No Fly Zone (6-1): Got caught in a speed duel last time and was still running late but got passed by a closer. He will be on the lead again.
- #1 I Saw It All (6-1): Has speed but always seems to run into trouble, usually of his own making. Still has a chance with this group.
- BackTracks: Zoffany’s work of artIn today’s BackTracks, the well-traveled New Jersey-bred Zoffany took on the best turf horses of his time – and often prevailed.
- #6 Won The Case (9-5): Lots of early speed in this race sets up well for this closer.
- #4 Kristi’s Copilot (7-2): Good speed figures and dropping down to Clm 5000 should put him in contention for the win.
- #5 Here Wego (8-1): Has 5 wins in 16 lifetime starts. Will be a threat if he gets loose on the lead, but that may be tough in a field with other horses that run early
- #1 Lorden’s Love (9-2): Abrams good with first after claim and a short layoff. Nice workout pattern for this horse.
- #7 Broad Storm (4-1): Shuman seems to ship this horse where he thinks he can get a win. Wins at 14% when bringing horses back after 61-180 day layoff. Must be respected.
- #8 Colloquium (3-1): Can win this race if she repeats her last.
- #1 Audience of One (3-1): Has been in very good form recently and has been running against some good competition.
- #3 Boston Light (9-2): Closed well last time with many of the same horses that are running today.
- #6 Tomasco (8-1): Has not been running well lately but has shown early speed and dropping back down to a more competitive class level.
- #12 Monteleone (4-1): Proven tough competitor versus starter foes.
- #3 King’s House (6-1): Could be tough to catch if he gets a clear lead.
- #11 Flashy Kyem (5-1): Very consistent and should be in the trifecta if he runs his normal race.
- #7 Leftatthealtar (6-1): Will probably get the lead by default in a race with no pace. If she does get a clear lead a win is possible.
- #9 Barn Queen (9-5): Has not been running well but has a chance only because of the class drop.
- #4 Candy Tune Spirit (15-1): 3rd lifetime start and blinkers may get her focused.