PARX PICKS AND ANALYSIS: APRIL 6
Parx Racing has an 11-race card this afternoon, and Joe Parisi is on board to handicap. Post time is 12:55 p.m. Good luck!
Note: Joe likes multi-race wagers, so horses in these may be considered for doubles and Pick 3s, in particular.
- #4 General (3-1): Second try at on dirt at Parx since being trained by Lake. Didn’t like the slop last time and should improve.
- #1 Democratic (3-1): Decent race last time after claim and doesn’t have to beat much here to have a chance.
- #5 Partner’s Power (7-2): Should be able to round out the trifecta with this group.
- #2 B B’s Rocket (7-2): Three-year-old was in over her head last time but was improving before that race. Back to a good level for this one.
- #5 Ebo Special (5-2): Consistent speed figures make her a threat at this level.
- #1 Stoneharbor Blonde (5-1): improving filly should be involved in the trifecta
- Trainer Michael Pino reaches 2,000 winsTrainer Michael Pino went 2-for-2 today at Parx Racing to reach 2,000 wins in a career which has seen his runners earn over $43 million.
- #8 Absolved (3-1): Trying Parx for the first time; 1-for-27 lifetime but speed figures superior to others in this field.
- #5 Boy Who Cried Wolf (10-1): Won for fun last time and although he is moving up he will be a threat again.
- #3 Instafamous (7-2): Very game race two weeks ago but may bounce after a tough race.
- #4 No Fly Zone (2-1): Got caught in a speed duel last time and was still running late but got passed by a closer. He should be alone on the lead this time.
- #7 Spaceman (8-5): Moving down in company. Best back speed figures
- #5 Yes for Less (7-2): Got carried wide last time. Can do better with a better trip.
- #2 Kind Humor (7-2): Working well and blinkers on. DeMasi good bringing horses back after a layoff.
- #1 Our Bella Nicole (2-1): Laurel shipper looking for an easier spot at Parx. Has the speed figures to be dangerous here.
- #3 Ninetypercentbrynn (4-1): Fast enough to get a part of the trifecta again.
- PICK 4 WAGER (the following wagers are meant to cover a range of possibilities while putting more money behind those considered most likely):
- $1.50 P4: 2/1/4/6
- $1.00 P4: 1,3/1/4/6, 2/2,5/4/6, 2/1/5,6/6 2/1/4/4,7
- $0.50 P4: 1,3/2,5/4/6 1,3/1/5,6/6 1,3/1/4/4,7 2/2,5/5,6/6 2/2,5/4/4,7 2/1/5,6/4,7
- Total: $21.50
- #1 Shoobiedoobydoo (4-1): Game try last time. If she repeats that race she will be in the mix.
- #5 Lean on E (6-1): Only early speed and has been running well lately. Dangerous if loose on the lead
- #2 Twirling Liz (6-1): Has been running well since returning from a 90-day layoff.
- Which horses had the best post-CT Classic careers?Art Collector’s win in Saturday’s Grade 1 Pegasus got us wondering: which winners of the Charles Town Classic had the best careers after their Classic win?
- #4 Ruffy (9-5): Good speed figures and a hot trainer make him playable.
- #6 The Great Gazoo (6-1): Was not asked in debut race. Should improve today, Nice workout pattern.
- #5 Know It Now (7-2): Showed improvement in second race. If he improves again he will be competitive here.
- #6 Enough Love (4-1): Just missed last time after getting passed by an off-the-pace horse. Any improvement will put her over the top.
- #7 Go Metro Girl (6-1): Should improve on second after layoff. Showed some early speed last out.
- #4 River Sonata (7-2): Can never count Ness out and horse appears to be rounding into form.
- PICK 3 WAGER (the following wagers are meant to cover a range of possibilities while putting more money behind those considered most likely):
- $2.00 P3: 6/2/7
- $1.00 P3: 4,7/2/7 6/1,6/7 6/2/1,3 4,7/1,6/7 4,7/2/1,3 6/1,6/1,3
- Total: $20
- #2 Love in Her Eyes (5-1): Ness able to run her without a claiming tag this time because he offered her for 50K last outing. Will be closing again in a race with a lot of early speed.
- #1 Dr. B (8-5): Ran a huge 85 Beyer in her easy win last time. Will win if she can repeat that number. Will face more pressure this time
- #6 Leader of the Band (4-1): Another horse who will be closing on the front runners late.
- #7 Irish Cork (7-2): A strong closer, and a fast pace in this race should set up well for him.
- #3 Grit’n’Grind (9-2): Consistently good sped figures and a fast pace in this race should set up well for this closer.
- #1 Forest Fire (5-1): Should press the pace and be in position to move in the stretch.
- #8 Wushu Warrior (5-1): In good form. Has a shot at this level.
- #12 Tactical Pursuit (Ire) (7-2): Dropping to lowest level of his career. Should be in contention in this field.
- #2 Psychic Energy (9-2): Always in the top 3 when he ran at this level before. That should continue against this field.