PARX PICKS AND ANALYSIS: APRIL 6
Parx Racing has an 11-race card this afternoon, and Joe Parisi is on board to handicap. Post time is 12:55 p.m. Good luck!
Note: Joe likes multi-race wagers, so horses in these may be considered for doubles and Pick 3s, in particular.
- #4 General (3-1): Second try at on dirt at Parx since being trained by Lake. Didn’t like the slop last time and should improve.
- #1 Democratic (3-1): Decent race last time after claim and doesn’t have to beat much here to have a chance.
- #5 Partner’s Power (7-2): Should be able to round out the trifecta with this group.
- #2 B B’s Rocket (7-2): Three-year-old was in over her head last time but was improving before that race. Back to a good level for this one.
- #5 Ebo Special (5-2): Consistent speed figures make her a threat at this level.
- #1 Stoneharbor Blonde (5-1): improving filly should be involved in the trifecta
- Field Pass headlines G3 BWI Turf CupTrainer Mike Maker is hoping class relief will give multiple graded winner Field Pass his first win of 2021 in the G3 BWI Turf Cup Saturday at Pimlico.
- #8 Absolved (3-1): Trying Parx for the first time; 1-for-27 lifetime but speed figures superior to others in this field.
- #5 Boy Who Cried Wolf (10-1): Won for fun last time and although he is moving up he will be a threat again.
- #3 Instafamous (7-2): Very game race two weeks ago but may bounce after a tough race.
- #4 No Fly Zone (2-1): Got caught in a speed duel last time and was still running late but got passed by a closer. He should be alone on the lead this time.
- #7 Spaceman (8-5): Moving down in company. Best back speed figures
- #5 Yes for Less (7-2): Got carried wide last time. Can do better with a better trip.
- #2 Kind Humor (7-2): Working well and blinkers on. DeMasi good bringing horses back after a layoff.
- #1 Our Bella Nicole (2-1): Laurel shipper looking for an easier spot at Parx. Has the speed figures to be dangerous here.
- #3 Ninetypercentbrynn (4-1): Fast enough to get a part of the trifecta again.
- PICK 4 WAGER (the following wagers are meant to cover a range of possibilities while putting more money behind those considered most likely):
- $1.50 P4: 2/1/4/6
- $1.00 P4: 1,3/1/4/6, 2/2,5/4/6, 2/1/5,6/6 2/1/4/4,7
- $0.50 P4: 1,3/2,5/4/6 1,3/1/5,6/6 1,3/1/4/4,7 2/2,5/5,6/6 2/2,5/4/4,7 2/1/5,6/4,7
- Total: $21.50
- #1 Shoobiedoobydoo (4-1): Game try last time. If she repeats that race she will be in the mix.
- #5 Lean on E (6-1): Only early speed and has been running well lately. Dangerous if loose on the lead
- #2 Twirling Liz (6-1): Has been running well since returning from a 90-day layoff.
- Bell Gable hoping Maryland Brando a contenderMaryland Brando was a flashy first-out winner at Delaware Park for Gary Contessa and Bell Gable Stable. Will he, like his namesake, hope to be a contender?
- #4 Ruffy (9-5): Good speed figures and a hot trainer make him playable.
- #6 The Great Gazoo (6-1): Was not asked in debut race. Should improve today, Nice workout pattern.
- #5 Know It Now (7-2): Showed improvement in second race. If he improves again he will be competitive here.
- #6 Enough Love (4-1): Just missed last time after getting passed by an off-the-pace horse. Any improvement will put her over the top.
- #7 Go Metro Girl (6-1): Should improve on second after layoff. Showed some early speed last out.
- #4 River Sonata (7-2): Can never count Ness out and horse appears to be rounding into form.
- PICK 3 WAGER (the following wagers are meant to cover a range of possibilities while putting more money behind those considered most likely):
- $2.00 P3: 6/2/7
- $1.00 P3: 4,7/2/7 6/1,6/7 6/2/1,3 4,7/1,6/7 4,7/2/1,3 6/1,6/1,3
- Total: $20
- #2 Love in Her Eyes (5-1): Ness able to run her without a claiming tag this time because he offered her for 50K last outing. Will be closing again in a race with a lot of early speed.
- #1 Dr. B (8-5): Ran a huge 85 Beyer in her easy win last time. Will win if she can repeat that number. Will face more pressure this time
- #6 Leader of the Band (4-1): Another horse who will be closing on the front runners late.
- #7 Irish Cork (7-2): A strong closer, and a fast pace in this race should set up well for him.
- #3 Grit’n’Grind (9-2): Consistently good sped figures and a fast pace in this race should set up well for this closer.
- #1 Forest Fire (5-1): Should press the pace and be in position to move in the stretch.
- #8 Wushu Warrior (5-1): In good form. Has a shot at this level.
- #12 Tactical Pursuit (Ire) (7-2): Dropping to lowest level of his career. Should be in contention in this field.
- #2 Psychic Energy (9-2): Always in the top 3 when he ran at this level before. That should continue against this field.