PARX PICKS AND ANALYSIS: MARCH 31
Parx Racing has an 11-race card this afternoon, and Joe Parisi is on board to handicap. Post time is 12:55 p.m. Good luck!
Note: Joe likes multi-race wagers, so horses in these may be considered for doubles and Pick 3s, in particular.
- #1A Cape May Ferry (5-2): DQ’d last time but still ran a good race. A repeat of that effort will win this.
- #3 West Fork (5-1): Made a late gain last time on the rail. Any improvement on that run will put him in contention.
- #6 The Italian (8-5): Has been running well recently. Should be in contention.
- PICK 4 WAGER (the following wagers are meant to cover a range of possibilities while putting more money behind those considered most likely):
- $2.50 P4: 1/3/1/7
- $1.00 P4: 3,6/3/1/7, 1/8/1/7, 1/3/6/7, 1/3/1/5,8
- $0.50 P4: 3,6/8/1/7, 3,6/3/6/7, 3,6/3/1/5,8, 1/8/6/7, 1/8/1/5,8, 1/3/6/5,8, 1/3/3/7
- Total: $15
- #3 Savatiano (6-1): Keeps improving every race. May run a big one today.
- #8 Call Fitzroy (3-1): Has been running well lately and may make it two in a row if he can break well.
- #7 Spaceman (9-1): Moving down in company. Best back speed figures.
- Mid-Atlantic Three Stars: April 20Your five-minute read to catch up on all the Mid-Atlantic racing action you may have missed over the weekend…
- #1 Mija Bella (8-5): Has better speed figures than the others here, Should be able to handle these.
- #6 Towson (20-1): Has some early speed. Won at this level in September. Has speed if she keeps her head in the game.
- #3 Anissa (3-1): Very bad start last time. If she gets off better this time she will be competitive here.
- #7 Thrilling Baby (6-1): Bad first start at Woodbine in November on synthetic. Now in the competent hands of Linder and horse has solid pedigree with first time Lasix.
- #5 Wham Bam Shrimp (7-2): Solid pedigree and nice workout pattern.
- #8 Shetalkstomuch (5-1): Decent try in last. If the first time starters don’t fire she has a shot.
- #1 Tonka Flower (9-5): Has been running against tougher. Should be able to beat this group.
- #4 Aced (5-1): Consistent runner dropping back down to a level where he won before.
- #2 Federal Case (10-1): Second back after impressive win. May be able to step up to next level and win again.
- #3 I’m Not Joking (8-5): Best class in the field and decent speed figures make her the top choice.
- #1 Oceano Rosso (6-1): Best early speed makes this mare a threat.
- #2 Enigmatica (6-1): Other speed horse could fill out the trifecta.
- Hello Hot Rod to return home for Tesio StakesMaryland-bred Hello Hot Rod — training in Kentucky for Arizona-based owner George Sharp — will return home for a hoped-for Tesio-Preakness double.
- #5 Strong Breeze (6-1): Abrams seems to have a good feeling for this horse’s ability. He does well bringing back horses from a layoff.
- #2 True Boldness (7-2): Good speed figures and fits well with these.
- #7 Ninetyeightoctane (9-2): Ninetyeightoctane. Nuff said.
- #1 Incite (8-5): Very competitive last time under these conditions.
- #7 Strawberry Red (6-1): Dull in last effort after only an eight-day gap between races. Should do better this time with an eight-week break. Good workout on 24 March.
- #5 Wise Jude (7-2): Fits well here. Second try at restricted from open company.
- #1A Lula’s Roadrunner (8-5): This filly held her own in open optional claiming races, now returning to restricted company, which will help her effort
- #1 Rolls Royce Joyce (8-5): Speed figures are superior to others in this field but often settles for the place spot.
- #7 Misquillo (6-1): Will be in the picture if she runs her best.
- #5 Bird King (9-5): More early speed in this race than last and pressing style should help him here.
- #6 Rock on Luke (2-1): Wired the field under same conditions last time. This time he may have company from Gold Rush Dancer.
- #3 Deal Driven (5-1): Will be up with the leaders running early again and should figure into the trifecta.
- #1 Mission Oberon (6-1): Keeps dropping in class. Speed figures say he might have found the right level.
- #2 Shandian (9-2): Nice win last time and he could win again at the next condition
- #10 Royal Coup (6-1): Was overmatched last time out. May have found a level where he can be competitive.