PARX PICKS AND ANALYSIS: MARCH 1
Parx Racing has an 11-race card this afternoon, and Joe Parisi is on board to handicap. Post time is the normal 12:25 p.m. Good luck!
Note: Joe likes multi-race wagers, so horses in these may be considered for doubles and Pick 3s, in particular.
- #7 Mustn’t Grumble-Woodbine shipper dropping. Should improve on second after 2 month layoff. Linder has good stats under these circumstances.
- #2 Ebo Special-Second race after class drop. Ness good stats on first after claim.
- #8 Angel Embrace-Tampa shipper trying dirt for the second time. Has been working well in the morning.
- #2 Squealer-May improve first time Lasix and facing a weak field.
- Ruben Silvera looking for bolstered Laurel presenceJockey Ruben Silvera, the leading rider at Parx Racing, will begin to bolster his Maryland presence when racing returns to Laurel Park in September.
- #6 I Saw It All– Trouble last race. Second time at this level with new trainer should lead to improvement.
- TODAY’S BEST BET
- #4 Fine One Won-Won for fun in her last race. Will win again if she can repeat that effort.
- #5 Padrinoneverquits– Coming off hot early fractions in last race. Will be competitive if she can get an easy lead.
- #7 River Sonata-Should improve while trying this level for the second time.
- #6 Midnight Obsession-Servis first time starter is working well.
- #7 Ninetypercentbrynn-Improving speed figures point to a good performance.
- #2 Katesaluckygirl-Lightly raced filly seems to be improving.
- #5 Castle Casanova– Dropping to lowest claiming level of career. Will be a threat if he can run back to earlier speed figures.
- #7 Here Wego-Has four wins in 15 lifetime starts and will be a threat if he gets loose on the lead.
- #1 Thomas Knight-9-year-old dropping back to level where he should be competitive.
- Chris Feifarek hoping for “heroic” future for BerenPennsylvania-bred Beren is named for a hero of fantasy literature, and co-owner-breeder Chris Feifarek hopes his horse can be a hero of a different sort.
- #6 Customerexperience-Aqueduct shipper dropping to a level where she can dominate.
- #8 Above Par-Speed horse can clear the field if she gets a lead on a wet track.
- #7 Positive Force – Has already beaten many other horses in this race
- #1 Sexyama-Race sets up well for a closer and could win if speed collapses.
- LONGSHOT PLAY IF ODDS>10-1
- #4 Florencia-Strong presser has good chance if the race falls apart for the speed horses.
- #7 Color Chart-Front runner can steal the race is she gets loose on the lead.
- #6 Society’s Tiger-Speed figures make him competitive in this field. Fast work on 13 Feb.
- #7 Irish Meadow-Most consistent horse in the race. Closed well in last.
- #4 Glory Song-Fits well with these.
- #6 Chub Wagon-Led at every call in first two races and no reason for that to change against these.
- #3 Cardi G-PA Bred has been running well against open company.
- #2 Spirit Special-Second after layoff and speed figures give him an advantage over this group.
- #1 Cowboy Mz-PA bred working very well and should improve with second start after a long absence.
- #10 Ark in the Dark-Has been running against better. Drop may be what the doctor ordered.