RACE 1: Off the turf
- Sanchez-Salomon trainee #2 Sacred Lady (7-2) looks best of what remains in this claiming sprint, ran a good one two back… Bloom seems to have gone off the Mancilla barn a bit, which has cooled down after a torrid start to the season, sends out #7 Gottaflathaveher (15-1) in third after claim…
- Last time out was better than it looks for #1 Lion Lord (5-2), who shifts into Frock barn after claim. Speedster won an early duel and a mid-race duel before tiring late at this level and may be controlling speed here… The precipitous drop for #6 Colonel Sharp (9-5) continues, as a runner who started the season in two-other-than company finds his way to $8k claimers; the back class is there in spades, and he could be hard to deny if he finds his running shoes… Sillaman trainee #3 Jack Straight (8-1) looks to recapture better form, which would compete here… #4 Cause He’s Western (3-1) enjoyed a perfect trip off the speed and getting through on rail to win last; not gonna take short odds on a repeat of that scenario…
- Decent try last out with a bit of traffic trouble for #4 Awesome Pal (9-5), who was no match for 3-10 winner but was clear of the rest… Also a decent effort for #7 Thunderinthevalley (7-2), who got banged from his inside early before moving up while three wide…
- First time in the Farrior barn for #2 Itgot Grandma (5-1), who drops to the bottom here. This one’s best work has been on the lead, and the trainer adds a good gate rider in Perez… #6 Stolen Love (5-2) was right there until the furlong grounds, when he tired last time, so the cutback to a mile won’t hurt; show horse Dedicated returned to romp at CNL on Wednesday…
RACE 5 — Off the turf
- #9 Miracle Bobbie (10-1) was second – but beaten 13 lengths – in his bow last time and was clear of rest; winner returned to lose by just three in a first allowance… Trainer Dale Capuano, who’s 7-for-32 with first timers in maiden claiming company, sends out #7 Jolly Swagman (5-1) for Stronach Stables; the Discreet Cat gelding has four five-furlong moves under his belt… #2 More Twirl (15-1) makes first dirt start; his dam was a five-time winner, all on the main track; debut was credible after rushing up before tiring late… Rubley-trained #8 Perfect Kind (9-5) should appreciate easier company than in prior dirt tries…
- Good rally on debut for #9 Alwaysinahurry (7-2), who was anything but when dropping to rear of field before rallying smartly into second on debut; runner shows a sharp work in the interim and gets blinks on… #4 San Antone (5-2) has been second in both career starts, both at DEL, and gets blinks on; one of two from the Lynch barn, along with #1 Depository (10-1), who makes career bow for a barn that can win first out of the box… #3 Theduke of Hazzard (12-1) made a bit of a middle move on debut versus lesser; interesting to see him move up in class for Gonzalez barn…
- The Dilodovico-trained #7 Si Mamacita (9-2) projects as the controlling speed in this one-mile affair, and the question is whether she can get the distance; it got awfully late on her last time going seven-eighths, but we wonder if that might have been more about the fast finish of the runner-up, who closed three lengths in final furlong, than issues with the winner; note that others in the field were not closing ground… Probably the right spot here for class-dropping #2 Carousel Marge (6-1), who knocked down her never-won-two condition at the $16,000 level, lands here for a nickel… #8 Win Then Grin (4-1) finds her way to the lowest level for the first time in this spot…
RACE 8 — Off the turf
- Scratches have decimated this two-other-than field, and #8 Fort Fortitude (7-2) looks best in here after a couple of pretty OK tries versus similar, unless #2 Tappin Cat (5-2) can recapture his early winter form…
- The speedy Pecoraro trainee #1 Bourbon Street (5-2) will try to take them all the way from the inside stall with five-pound bug Marquez in the irons… #6 Lordhavemercy (6-1) will drop into the claiming ranks for the first time, has better efforts to run back to… #5 Seven On the Rocks (3-1) drops after a good effort in allowance company behind a runner who’s three-for-three…
LATEST IN HANDICAPPING
We provide picks and analysis for this evening’s card at Charles Town Races.
We provide full-card picks and analysis for today’s Laurel Park card!
We’ve got Charles Town picks today as the track presents its Friday card!