Delaware Park picks and horses to watch: July 6
Photo by HoofprintsInc.com.
We’ve got Delaware Park picks and horses to watch for the Monday, July 6 card. Nine races are on tap, the last for Arabians.
Race 4 — Claiming
- Three-year-olds and up at the $20,000 claiming level will go five furlongs on the turf.
- A pair of old-timers with big bankrolls make this claiming event worth a gander. #2 Pool Winner (4-1), a nine-time winner and earner of over $450,000, counts the 2016 My Frenchman Stakes among his career wins, and he also has placed in a couple of graded events. The 8-year-old is a Colts Neck homebred trained by Jorge Duarte, Jr. and ridden by Jevian Toledo. He’s the richest horse in the race but not by much; #13 Hollywood Talent (2-1) has earned more than $415,000 in his career. The 9-year-old had one of the best seasons of his career last year when earning over $100,000 and scoring in the Marshall Jenney Handicap at Parx Racing. He’s also placed in three graded events. The Juan Carlos Guerrero trainee will have Roberto Rosado in the irons.
Race 8 — Allowance/optional claiming
- Three-year-olds and up will go 1 mile 70 yards on the main track in a third-level allowance with an optional claiming tag of $50,000.
- The horse we’re most curious to see in this tough allowance contest is #7 Someday Jones (2-1). The John Servis-trained son of Smarty Jones will make his first start since the mid-March Harrison Johnson at Laurel, which ended up being his only slightly off-color race on the main track in a long time. He won three races in 2019, including two stakes, and earned over $230,000. His performance in the Harrison Johnson wasn’t terrible, as his late-running style was severely compromised when winner Senior Investment was permitted to walk the opening half in almost 51 seconds and the three-quarters in 1:15. He may not need to be at his best to win here, but he’ll need to be pretty good in his first try in over three months.
- Race 6: 50-cent Pick 3: 1, 2, 6, 7 w/ 4, 6, 8, 10 w/ 5, 6, 7
- Good luck!
LATEST IN HANDICAPPING
We’ve got Parx Racing picks today as the track presents another midweek card!
We’ve got Delaware Park picks and horses to watch for this afternoon’s racing program.
John Piassek has today’s big Pimlico card covered here.