Laurel Park picks and ponderings November 2, 2019
Anna’s Bandit. Photo by Laurie Asseo.
In which we pick the races from Laurel Park each day…
Post time: 12:25 p.m.
Carryovers: Rainbow Jackpot Pick 6 — $2,289; Super High 5 — None; Late Pick 5 — None
- #6 Rumson Rally (9-2) drops to right spot in second off claim for Brooks; Ruiz in the irons a plus
- O’Dwyer barn sends out #7 My Friends Beer (7-2), is 5-for-16 with 2yo maidens sprinting in their second start; runner gets Lasix first time; drink up!
- Three-time winner #5 Liquid Hero (3-1) crushed similar at PEN in last, has won three straight
- Rider Russell gets off live contender #9 to get on class-jumping #11 Flip (5-1) for Capuano; runner won early speed duel but could not contain closer in latest
- Two-level drop for #3 Big Boots (4-1) in second off claim by trainer Robb; top pair from last both won follow-ups, with winner Brooks Robinson scoring yesterday
- First time in hard-hitting Gonzalez barn for #7 Baptize the Boy (5-1), who finished third last out behind two next-out winners
- Sneaky good try three back – most recent on dirt – for #2 Rockstar Girl (20-1), third after five-wide journey in race that produced two next-out winners with race winner coming in second in STK in next
- Likely to be dismissed at windows, #1 Pendrell Moon (10-1) a better horse now than when last on main track, gets rider McCarthy who rode possible fave #2 Huntington Drive (3-1) in last
- Speedy #7 Bella Aurora (20-1) has done nothing wrong sprinting on turf, tries main track for first time – and sire and dam both were dirt horses
RACE 10 — OFF THE TURF
- Main track only entrant #9 Worth His Salt (3-1) draws in, has beaten better; runner-up from last won Md-bred N1X on Friday
RACE 11 — OFF THE TURF
- Main track only entrants #10 Tricky Lion (3-1) and #2 Confessor (3-1) look to have jump on turfy rivals; former arrives in good form, latter dropping after middling tries vs. better
LATEST IN HANDICAPPING
We provide picks and analysis for today’s card at Parx Racing.
Full-card picks and analysis for the day’s Laurel Park card, plus our stat of the day!
We provide picks and analysis for this evening’s card at Charles Town Races.