Laurel Park picks and ponderings November 2, 2019
- #6 Rumson Rally (9-2) drops to right spot in second off claim for Brooks; Ruiz in the irons a plus
- O’Dwyer barn sends out #7 My Friends Beer (7-2), is 5-for-16 with 2yo maidens sprinting in their second start; runner gets Lasix first time; drink up!
- Three-time winner #5 Liquid Hero (3-1) crushed similar at PEN in last, has won three straight
- Rider Russell gets off live contender #9 to get on class-jumping #11 Flip (5-1) for Capuano; runner won early speed duel but could not contain closer in latest
- Two-level drop for #3 Big Boots (4-1) in second off claim by trainer Robb; top pair from last both won follow-ups, with winner Brooks Robinson scoring yesterday
- First time in hard-hitting Gonzalez barn for #7 Baptize the Boy (5-1), who finished third last out behind two next-out winners
- Sneaky good try three back – most recent on dirt – for #2 Rockstar Girl (20-1), third after five-wide journey in race that produced two next-out winners with race winner coming in second in STK in next
- Likely to be dismissed at windows, #1 Pendrell Moon (10-1) a better horse now than when last on main track, gets rider McCarthy who rode possible fave #2 Huntington Drive (3-1) in last
- Speedy #7 Bella Aurora (20-1) has done nothing wrong sprinting on turf, tries main track for first time – and sire and dam both were dirt horses
RACE 10 — OFF THE TURF
- Main track only entrant #9 Worth His Salt (3-1) draws in, has beaten better; runner-up from last won Md-bred N1X on Friday
RACE 11 — OFF THE TURF
- Main track only entrants #10 Tricky Lion (3-1) and #2 Confessor (3-1) look to have jump on turfy rivals; former arrives in good form, latter dropping after middling tries vs. better
LATEST IN HANDICAPPING
We provide full-card picks and analysis for this afternoon’s races at Laurel Park.
Full-card picks and analysis for this evening’s live racing card from Charles Town Races!
Racing returns to Delaware Park May 24, and we return with Delaware Park picks and analysis for the track’s 86th racing season.