Podcast: Handicapping Pimlico’s Mid-Atlantic Day
Photo by Laurie Asseo.
June 25, 2016 is a day for horses bred/sired in Maryland and Virginia at Pimlico Race Course. It’s also the closing Saturday of the 2016 Preakness meeting, and we’ve gathered our expert handicappers — Gary Quill (GQ Approach), Nick Hahn (Nick’s Picks), and Derby Bill Watson (former Colonial Downs on-air handicapper) — to hash things out.
On tap on Saturday are five stakes races, three for Virginia-bred/Virginia-sired runners and two for Maryland-breds. They are:
- The Edward P. Evans Stakes (VA, 3yo and up, 1 1/16 miles turf)
- All Brandy Stakes (MD, fillies and mares 3yo and up, 1 1/8 miles turf)
- White Oak Farm Stakes (VA, 3yo and up, 5 furlongs turf)
- Find Stakes (MD, 3yo and up, 1 1/8 miles turf)
- Nellie Mae Cox Stakes (VA, fillies and mares 3yo and up, 1 1/16 miles turf)
Let’s see what our experts have to say!
“First Call” and “Blue Ska”
Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0